Dryads (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Plant fey that have decided to take up wandering their forest home no longer. They wish to adventure forth, a branch or seedling from their mother "tree" in tow.
Dryads tend to be demure but fun loving. They enjoy nature above all else and would kindly share their home with you. They tend to prattle on and on about their homeland though they wish to take in the sights and sounds of the new lands they venture through.
Dryads vary based upon their tree of origin. Palm Tree Dryads would be tall and wispy; there'd be lots of bushy hair upon their head. Oak Tree Dryads would be tall and broad. And so on.
Dryads tend to trust other fey upon first greeting, but deal well with dwarves and gnomes. Those who are human and wish to travel with dryads must show their devotion to nature-- the destructive braggarts.
Dryads come from a great variety of lands. Their preference of lands truly depends on their origins. For instance, a Cactus Dryad would feel more at home in a desert than in a cave.
Deities of nature are those favored by dryads. Many favor Ehlonna and Obad-Hai.
Dryads automatically speak Common and Sylvan. They may learn any non-secret language as bonuses, but many tend to learn Elven.
Dryads first names are given upon reaching adulthood by the elder fey in their court or land of origin. Their last names are the same as the name given to their home plant. For instance, there might be a dryad who is named Meli Oak.
- +4 Wisdom,+2 Intelligence, −2 Strength, −2 Constitution
- Dryads' base land speed is 30 feet
- Receive a racial boost of +3 to Handle animal
- Wild Empathy: This power works like the druid’s wild empathy class feature, except that the dryad has a +6 racial bonus on the check.
- Gather Earthen energies: the Dryad may receive energy from nature itself, they can step into any form of plant life to receive nutrition without the need for food or water
- Receive +2 racial boosts survival and Knowledge (Nature)
- As fey, they are immune to aging effects
- She doesn't sleep but need to transform in a tree. Resting this way count as 8 hours every 4
- Spell Like Abilities: At Will: speak with plants & animals, animal
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan and Elven.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- LA: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|600 years||1000 years||2000 years||+100d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|