Dragonborn, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
These servants of Bahamut epitomize devotion to righteousness. Their very appearance gives an impression of virtuous purpose. Dragonborn carry themselves with good deportment, seeing themselves as humanoid representations of noble dragonkind. When a dragonborn walks into an inn, patrons’ heads turn and eyes stare. What they see is well worth a second glance. In every aspect of their presence, dragonborn consciously act as emissaries of their adoptive father, Bahamut.
Dragonborn are typically polite and headsrong, much like their creators. They are not manipulative, however, and they generally can get along well with any character. However, they tend to be awed by their creators, which may have awkward circumstances when a dragon attacks. Dragonborn may fight dragons without penalty however, they simply are awed by them.
There are ten subtypes of Dragonborn, equating to each true dragon: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Red, Blue, Black, White, and Green.
An average Dragonborn stands 5 feet and 8 inches and weighs about 220 pounds. They have a thin layer of dragon-like scales colored according to their subtype only slightly tougher than an average human's skin.
A Dragonborn has dragon-like facial features with an elongated jaw and nose. They have ears, however they have on each side of their head ears would be that the hear through. A Dragonborn's jaw appears dragonlike, but has the strength of a human's, and thus they do not inherit their creator's vicious bite.
Dragonborn have human-like hands and fingernails and do not have tails or wings. Therefore, they do not have the tail or claw attacks of a dragon, and cannot fly.
Dragonborn typically live in secluded tribes on islands, however they are generally welcoming and friendly to others. They have no feuds with other races. However, any character who dedicates their life to slaying dragons might not expect a Dragonborn's friendship.
Dragonborn are normally lawful more often than not. Nonetheless, there is no set alignment for a Dragonborn.
Dragonborn typically live in tribes on secluded islands.
Dragonborn typically worship the Dragon Gods, Bahamut or Tiamat. They might also worship the original Dragon of their color or metal.
Dragonborn speak Common and Draconic, languages of the Dragons.
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma. Dragonborn inherit their creators' physical strength and sociability, as well as their lack of coordination.
- Humanoid (dragonblood): Dragonborn are humanoids with the dragonblood subtype.
- Dragonblooded: Dragonborn are dragonblooded by birth. A Dragonborn may select any metabreath feat with the prerequisite "half-dragon" as long as she meets the other prerequisites.
- Medium size
- Dragonborn base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the dragon type. The dragonborn have an innate sense of how best to defend themselves against their potential enemies.
- Immunity to Frightful Presence: Dragonborn are immune to the frightful presence ability of dragons, just as if they were dragons.
- Breath Weapon (Su): A Dragonborn can let loose a lesser version of a Dragon's breath weapon. (See below)
- Favored Class: Paladin or Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +1
A Dragonborn can let loose a lesser version of a Dragon's breath weapon. The size and element depends on the subtype of Dragonborn:
- Gold: 15ft Cone of Fire
- Silver: 15ft Cone of Cold
- Bronze: 30ft Line of Lightning
- Copper: 30ft Line of Acid
- Brass: 30ft Line of Fire
- Red: 15ft Cone of Fire
- Blue: 30ft Line of Lightning
- Black: 30ft Line of Acid
- White: 15ft Cone of Cold
- Green: 15ft Cone of Acid
Unleashing this breath weapon is a standard action. The breath weapon deals 1d8 + the Dragonborn's constitution modifier in damage, plus an extra 1d8 points for each 3 HD the dragonborn possesses (2d8 at 3 HD, 3d8 at 6 HD, and so on).
A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the dragonborn’s HD + her Con modifier) halves the damage. A dragonborn can use her breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||300 years||400 years||+20d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+3d4||150 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 9"||+3d4||140 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|