Draconoids, Stormcaller (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Draconoids are relatively short-lived dragons who are not innately magical like their longer-lived cousins are. Stormcaller draconoids average 10 feet tall at the shoulder (when on all fours, 16 feet tall when standing on their hind legs) and 1,500 pounds heavy. Their scales can be any shade of black, blue, violet, green, or white, and their eyes are solid glowing orbs of white, yellow, or blue. They are an enigmatic, mystical race who wear heavy robes and capes of dark or vivid colors.
Io, Tiamat, and Bahamut are the chiefly worshipped dragon deities, with Io being the father of the other two. Tiamat is a Lawful Evil five-headed goddess, and Bahamut is a Lawful Good god. Io is Neutral.
For more draconic deities, see Io's deific relationships.
Stormcaller draconoids have a given forename and a clan surname. Individuals who have achieved something great may replace their clan name with a title such as "Conqueror of X" or "Redeemer of Y."
Example Clan Names:" Lindburner, Wolfendahl, Child of Thunder, Hjort Hunter, Strandstorm, Hurricane Rider, Blackened Tree, Bergtop
Example Male Names: Eyvindur, Haakon, Haraldur, Malthe, Ansgar, Magnus, Ivar, Dagvann, Baldurseil
Example Female Names: Lis, Embla, Aslaug, Bengta, Eydisa, Gudrun, Hillevi, Karonaug, Lavila
- +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- Monstrous Humanoid, Dragon (Draconoid).
- Large Size: As Large size creatures, stormcaller draconoids get a –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, and their lifting and carrying limits are four times those of Medium characters.
- Stormcaller draconoid base land speed is 20 feet when standing on hind legs and 40 feet when on all fours.
- A stormcaller draconoid has a fly speed of 50 feet with poor maneuverability.
- Call Lightning (Su): A stormcaller draconoid can use call lightning as a racial ability three times a day with a 1d4-round cooldown.
- Natural Weapons: Stormcaller draconoids have a natural bite (1d8) and claw attack (1d6).
- Low-Light Vision: A stormcaller draconoid can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Elven,
- Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass stormcaller draconoid's druid class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||80 years||120 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Shoulder Height (all fours)||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9' 2"||+2d12||8,000 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|
|Female||8' 8"||+2d12||7,800 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|