Draconoids, Aquatic (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Draconoids are relatively short-lived dragons who are not innately magical like their longer-lived cousins are. Aquatic draconoids average 4-5 feet tall at the shoulder (when on all fours, 6-7 feet tall when standing on their hind legs) and 300 pounds heavy. They are just as comfortable underwater as they are on land, and many of their cities exist across both. Their scales can be any color, but blue is the most common. Their eyes can be any color. Their wings are small and fin-like, and only allow them to glide. They wear simple, comfortable clothing that doesn't get in the way of their swimming.
Io, Tiamat, and Bahamut are the chiefly worshipped dragon deities, with Io being the father of the other two. Tiamat is a Lawful Evil five-headed goddess, and Bahamut is a Lawful Good god. Io is Neutral.
For more draconic deities, see Io's deific relationships.
Aquatic draconoids have a given forename and a family surname.
Example Surnames: Lai, Moana, Epe'ekete, 'U'u, Pua'anani, Ha'aheo, Kee'omo, Mahealani, Wai'olane, Lili'oakalani
Example Male Names: Akamu, Lehua, Konani, Ikan, Lotai, Konu'u, Patek, O'oma, Nikel
Example Female Names: Amoe, Lanimele, Kam, Ka'ana'ana, Hokule'a, Elona, Holli, Kaki'e, Pakona
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
- Monstrous Humanoid, Dragon (Draconoid Subtype)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aquatic draconoids have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aquatic draconoid base land speed is 20 feet when standing on hind legs and 40 feet when on all fours.
- An aquatic draconoid has a swim speed of 40 feet.
- Aquatic draconoids can glide. They descend 5 feet every round/6 seconds.
- +2 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Aquatic draconoids have a natural bite (1d6) and claw attack (1d4).
- Optional Gills: Aquatic draconoids can breathe equally well underwater and above land.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: An aquatic draconoid can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Orc, Sylvan, Dwarven, Aquan, Elven, Gnoll.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass aquatic draconoid's rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||80 years||120 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Shoulder Height (all fours)||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'5"||+2d10||150 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4'||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|