Doom Slayer (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The slayers of evil and the ones chosen to do what is necessary to eliminate the opposing side with little regard.
Through all of recorded time, there have been cases of infants disappearing from their cribs. Many of these cases went on for months, and eventually they are closed with no success. But years after the case is closed, that same child is found in the same place it was taken from. When they are found, they are found with various scars across their body and seem to be almost emotionless... almost. The child's family tries to make sense of what exactly happened and they ask the child if they remembered anything from before they were found. The child's response is always the same, a blank stare that tries to penetrate your very soul. The family tries to live out there lives as if nothing had happened, but they find that rather difficult with the "abilities" that their child has. Eventually, the child has grown sets out on the world leaving nothing but a note with proof that they were the child that they had lost. After about a year of wandering the child has built a name for him/herself and builds they're reputation from there.
A Doom Slayer prefers to live in solitary on the road with very little regard for the laws of the lands that roam in. For some strange reason he/she is drawn towards evil, and once they come in contact with said evil they deal with it in a very "quick" manner. A Doom Slayer tends to avoid large settlements and ignores most other races... unless provoked.
Doom Slayers tend to be taller than others of their race,and they often have short, silver hair. If you were to look into a Doom Slayers eyes, you would be met with eyes with a multitude of colors. As they often change with their mood, but they seem to be red most of the time. With their tall height they tend to be complemented with far more muscular bodies than those of their race.
A Doom Slayer finds no problem with any race, so long as they are not evil.
Doom Slayers tend to be Chaotic Neutral, as they do not care for rules or laws so long as they do what they need to.
Doom Slayers seem to not have a preference for any land (or plane), they travel the world with no place to call their own.
A Doom Slayer has no religious beliefs, but they have been known to pray for forgiveness if they killed an innocent while they were in the process of dispatching evil.
A Doom Slayer can become fluent in any language so long as he/she has heard at least seven words and had three months to study the desired language.
Doom Slayers often abandon their birth names and take on more common names as to be less conspicuous.
- +6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -4 Wisdom, -4 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
- Base Land Speed: 30 feet.
- Fast Healing (Ex): Doom Slayers have an unnatural rate of healing, as the appear to heal twice as fast as humans. (only if uneffected by magic for last 24 hours.)
- Blindsight (Ex): 30ft; As another side affect of their disappearence.
- The Doom Slayers Quest(Ex):Training themselves from youth, they hunt those that serve evil.
- +3 bonus on Listen, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against any creature of the monstrous, humanoid monstrous, outsider type, or evil alignment
- +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against any creature of the monstrous, humanoid monstrous, or outsider type, or evil alignment
- Soul Stare (Ex):The piercing gaze of the Doom Slayer allows him/her to know the alignment, and intentions of the target. DC 15 +1/2 lvl
- Automatic Languages: Common,Abyssal
- Bonus Languages: All languages
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||700 years||1000 years||unknown|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 5"||+2d6||290 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||6' 3"||+2d4||190 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|