Cursed Fey (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cursed Fey are not actually Fey at all anymore. These creatures used to be Fey that killed for the gods however when their strong willed nature caused some to abuse their powers and turn on the gods. In turn the gods took away their Fay nature, making them Humanoids and cursing them to be forever jovial to keep them from disrespecting the gods with their words ever again.
Cursed Fey are known for their jovial personalities though some are feisty deep down. This doesn't stop many of the fay from following their warrior roots or even turning to evil, but they will do it with a smile on their face in a pleasant manner. Feistier and bubblier Cursed Fey tend to be more outgoing. Many Cursed Fey are unable to show anger and hatred because of their curse but it's been long enough that some are starting to break free from their curse.
Cursed Fey average anywhere from 4 to 8 feet tall. They tend to be stalkier than other fey or more well built. Cursed Fey can come in a range of colors. The most common colors are very saturated browns, some oranges and reds, and yellows. They can also be any human skin color. Cursed fey living closer to humans tend to have more of a human color. Their eyes come in all colors but are incredibly vivid and large with thick black rings around the iris.
Cursed Fey tend to get along with anyone who shares a like goal as them. They don't have a preference in race but they like happy friendly people way more than they like angry or grumpy people since they have trouble responding to those people.
They tend to be chaotic, good, and neutral although they can be any alignment.
They often love to live integrated into small communities that often have festivals and gatherings. Many Cursed Fey live together in gatherings in forests where they can be as jovial and loud as they want without disturbing others.
Cursed Fey are less religious than they are fearful of the gods. They don't usually worship but often will do something because they fear the gods will punish them if they don't.
All Cursed Fey speak common and Sylvan due to their upbringings. Most have learned drunk from their jovial nature and disposition to be in groups.
Names tend to be longer, at least two syllables but they have no problem with someone shortening it. Ex. Female: Theyalin, Elzabet, Illura. Male: Irrick, Peramin
- +2 strength, +1 dexterity, +1 charisma -2 intelligence: Their stout bodies are built for strength.
- Cursed Fey's base land speed is 40 feet
- Stubborn : Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a member of this race fails such a save, it receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the member of the race has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue's slippery mind class feature), it can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails.
- Beguiling Liar: Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie.
- Treespeech: Prerequisite: Plant type; Benefit: Members of this race have the ability to converse with plants as if subject to a continual speak with plants spell.
- Weapon Proficiency: Battle Axe, Warhammer, Axe
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan, Drunk. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|174 years||260 years||350 years||+no max years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d6||150 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+2d6||130 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|