Copii Ale Soarelui (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Copii Ale Soarelui
The Copii Ale Soarelui are a quick minded people that have evolved as skilled traders and hunters. Like the sands of the deserts they roam, they can be as warm as the sun's embrace, or cold as a kiss from the moon. Clan and kin are very important for the Copii, who have to depend on their community for survival daily. As such, they are rarely forgiving of any breach of trust.
The Copii have adapted to exhibit a strong gender dimorphism. Males of the species are typically very large, and muscular, displaying tremendous physical power in their frames and builds. Females, however, are generally fairly small and slight in build, exhibiting a tendency toward agility over power. Both genders of the species sport very fine, white hair with varying shades of brown skin. Their ears are one of their most prominent features, covered in their fine white hair and sprouting from the tops of their heads like those of a cat or similar mammalian species. Their ears are very large and often vary in shape, but all are able to move each ear independently from the other in a 180 degree range of motion to allow for a manner of directional hearing. Another prominent feature of the physiology of the Copii is the presence of mineral deposits that collect on their skin with age, taking the appearance of scales and eventually growing to resemble actual rock formations on their skin.
The Copii Ale Soarelui are considered appealing by many races, especially humanoids. Their generally amiable natures endear them quickly to most and their exotic appearance many find alluring. They are known as shrewd merchants and skilled entertainers, but also notoriously slippery thieves.
The Copii Ale Soarelui may be of any alignment, though they tend toward neutral good, true neutral, or chaotic neutral.
The Copii Ale Soarelui call home the desert world known as Lumina Veznica.
Being a nomadic desert culture, the Copii have grown to regard the few forests on their planet with awe. Their religion holds forests as sacred places, and prominent individuals of society are sometimes interred beneath trees. Their name translates to "Children of the Sun" in the common tongue, implying a kind of ancestral reverence for the sun.
The Copii speak their own language which they call Limba Ale Lumina, but being so accustommed to dealing with outsiders, they have been known to learn a smattering of many languages. Being a nomadic people has also made them grow to value light travel and a verbal tradition of passing on knowledge, as such literacy is uncommon among the Copii and archiving is a specialized calling chosen by few.
- Male: +3 Strength, +3 Constitution, + 2 Charisma, −2 Intelligence: Males possess much more powerful, though bulkier, builds, granting them formidable physical power.
- Female: +1 Constitution, +3 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, −2 Intelligence: Females, normally very lean and small, are built to be fast and agile, while also having a stronger calling for the divine.
- Medium: As a medium-sized race, the Copii Ale Soarelui take no benefits or penalties for their size.
- Copii Ale Soarelui base land speed is 30 feet: burrow speed of 30 feet
- Sandswim (Su): As a merfolk is to the sea, a Copil is to sand, ash, dust, and even softsand (but not slipsand, packed dirt, or rock). A Copil can sandswim through such materials at his land speed while wearing light armor or carrying a light load. His speed drops to 5 feet if a Copil wears heavier armor or carries a medium load. A Copil cannot make any headway through the sand while carrying a heavy load. A Copil breathes normally while under the sands. This supernatural ability doesn’t allow a Copil to breath in mediums other than sand, dust, or ash, nor does it allow a Copil to hold its breath longer than normal in water or dangerous gases.
- Bodylamp (Su): A Copil can make his skin glow at will, providing bright light out to 60 feet and shadowy illumination out to 120 feet. In a medium of loose soil, such as sand, dust, or ash, a peculiar quality of the light allows a copil to make out solid objects up to 60 feet away. Under the sand, this light is sufficient for navigation and general identification of objects, but not for reading, recognizing individuals, or other similar feats of finer perception. This ability does not allow a copil to see invisible creatures or creatures with concealment more easily than normal. Other creatures in the sand with a copil do not gain this special sight, but they can see the sand take on a warm, orange glow. Once per day, as a free action, a Copil can bring his skin up to full brilliance so rapidly that it can dazzle all creatures within 30 feet for 1 minute. Creatures can avoid this effect with a successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the Copil’s character level + his Cha modifier).
- Heat Endurance: Copii gain Heat Endurance (D20 Modern Feat) as a bonus feat.
- Water Vulnerability: Copii hate being too wet, and their bodies absorb water rapidly when they are submerged. If completely wet, a copil takes a –1 penalty on all attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks, and his natural armor bonus is reduced by −2. If a copil is immersed in water and he cannot hold his breath and must immediately begin making Constitution checks to avoid drowning (see page 304 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide). To avoid these inconveniences, The Copii scour themselves with dust baths rather than bathe with water.
- Metabolic Hydration: The Copii have adapted well to living where water is scarce. A majority of their water requirements are able to be met through absorbing any hydration in their diet. In this way they are able to take only half the normal water rations so long as they have food rations.
- +1 natural armor bonus
- +4 racial bonus to Survival checks in desert environments.
- +2 racial bonus to Listen checks
- +2 racial bonus to Bluff,Perform, Appraise, and Diplomacy checks.
- Automatic Languages: Limba Ale Lumina, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Bard, Ranger, Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+(2d20) years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 5"||+2d12||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||3' 9"||+2d12||50 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|