Colin, Knight of Mechanus (3.5e NPC)
From D&D Wiki
|LG Collosal Construct|
|Init/Senses||+5/Listen +3, Spot +3|
|AC||49, touch 15, flat-footed 45|
(-8 size, +5 Dex, +21 armor, +12 shield, +4 Sacred, +4 Deflection, +1 Dodge)
|hp||350 (20 HD)|
|Melee||Ascendant Blade +32 (8d6+29), 18-20/x5|
|Abilities||Str 34, Dex 20, Con 26, Int 26, Wis 16, Cha 16|
|SQ||Behemoth Augment 3, Fuel Lines, Mechanized Body, Mechanus Mount, Bulwark Blade, Enchantments (Enlarge Person, Cat's Grace, Bear's Endurance, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, Divine Power, Righteous Might, Haste, Freedom of Movement, Holy Aura, Shield of Law, Silverbeard)|
|Possessions||The Ascendant Blade (Artificer's Secret Techblade Tallenta Sharrash (Chainblade, Bulwark Blade)), Mechanus Mount|
Colin is one of the most powerful Mechanus Knights, leading all of the Lawful Good Knights.
The Ascendant Blade: Colin's extremely advanced weapon, the Ascendant Blade, has the following abilities in addition to the normal abilities of a Gloryborn Serrated Tallenta Sharrash made of Alchemical Gold, Aurorum, and Obdurium.
- Chainblade: The Ascendant Blade is made of hundreds of interlocking bladed segments, tripling reach instead of doubling, but leaving those within one increment of reach unthreatened. In addition, once per day, it can be used to Whirlwind Attack all threatened enemies (gaining extra attacks from BAB) and make a trip attempt on each, but removes the additional reach for 24 hours after this usage.
- Bulwark Blade: The Ascendant Blade is made to expand to a massive shield when necessary, providing defense and offense. He is treated as wielding a Heavy Shield when wielding the Tallenta Sharrash, with an enhancement bonus equal to the weapon's enhancement bonus. In addition, once per day, he may expand the shield into a massive bulwark, providing a further +2 shield bonus and another size category of damage for 2 minutes. This usage collapses the blade once expended, removing it's defensive abilities for 24 hours.
- Enhancement Tech: The Ascendant Blade is technologicaly augmented to have a nonmagical enhancement bonus of +10, and additionally has a +4 bonus to damage and attack. In addition, the blade bypasses DR/magic and can hit incorpereal creatures.
- Craftsmanship: The Ascendant Blade's craftsmanship and technological augmentations give it +4 to damage and two increases in damage by size category.
Mechanus Armor: Colin's massive Mechanus Gear armor has the following abilities in addition to the normal abilities of a suit of Gloryborn Mithral Mechanus Gear.
- Behemoth Augment: Colin's armor has been augmented to provide him a total of +8 strength, +8 constitution and +23 Armor Class, as well as increasing his size two categories to Colossal and providing him with a 8d6 Trample attack.
- Fuel Lines: Colin's Mechanus Gear is augmented with fuel lines, providing him with several potion-like effects. Prepared effects:
- 1st Level: Lion's Charge, Nerveskitter, Enlarge Person, Sign
- 2nd Level: Sadism, Master of Air, Gust of Wind, Mark of Judgement
- 3rd Level: Sleet Storm, Holy Storm x2
- 4th Level: Aligned Aura, Celerity x2
- 5th Level: Rejuvination Coccoon, Boreal Wind, Plane Shift
- 6th Level: Wall of Gears, Heal, Mental Pinnacle
Mechanus Mount: Colin has a massive, firebreathing, horselike construct as a mount. See Calconus the Destroyer
Collin is accompanied by four other Mechanus Knights and an High Incarnator of Primus. He starts combat by quickly casting Sign, then moving into the most crowded areas, trying to damage every opponent with a Whirlwind Attack next turn while threatening casters who would attempt to flee. Next, he casts Sign to give him and his allies a boost, attempting to get in an extra turn, then Whirlwind Attacks. From then on, he continues Whirlwind Attacking, supplementing his attacks each round with a spell (usually Boreal Wind or Holy Storm on crowds, Wall of Gears to reroute and damage enemies, Sadism if against three or less powerful opponents, immediately expended Dampen Magic if under magical assault, and if dropped to half health or less, Heal). If he is nearly defeated, he will cast Celerity followed by Plane Shift to a sanctum in Mechanus, where he will recover with Rejuvination Cocoon and allies.