Choker (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Chokers are ravenous, greedy hunters. They lurk in the darkness of caves and dungeons, snatching any prey they can get their grasping tendrils on. Easily bribed and hard to escape from, they can at best be controlled and at worst be consumed by.
A choker appears to be a mottled brown, semi-humanoid creature with long tendril-like limbs ending with four fingers, lined on the inside with spines that allow it to climb walls and constrict enemies. A choker’s skull, spine, and rib cage are bony, but its limbs are really tentacles with multiple knobby joints of cartilage. Thus, it appears bowlegged, and its movements seem peculiar and fluid. It's elongated face ends in a grotesque mouth filled with jagged teeth, and always appears to be snarling. The creature weighs about 35 pounds.
Chokers are animalistic predators. The only peaceful interaction they might have is through heavy bribery, and even then they are hostile and combative. Otherwise, they simply attack and consume what they can, and flee or hide from what they cannot.
Usually Chaotic Evil
Underground. Chokers live almost exclusively in caves, dungeons and similar locations. They tend to use the ceilings and walls of such areas to their advantage, utilizing their skill at climbing to ambush prey.
- +6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -6 Intelligence (minimum 3), +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma
- Aberration: Chokers are at best hideous, mutated forms of natural creatures
- Small: As a Small creature, a Choker gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Choker base land speed is 20 feet: Climb 10 feet
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A choker begins with three levels of aberration, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +1, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A Choker’s aberration levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Move Silently, Intimidate, Jump. Chokers have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- +4 racial bonus to Grapple checks.
- Natural Weapons: Tentacle (1d3) - this natural weapon has a reach of 10 feet.
- Special Attacks (see above): Constrict (1d3), Improved Grab.
- Special Qualities (see above): Quickness. A choker can take an extra standard or move action during it's turn each round.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|25 years||35 years||50 years||+1d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|