Chaos Born (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Chaos Born are born insane. They traverse the Elemental Plane of Chaos doing what ever they please. Having no need to eat, sleep, or breath, they are constantly in motion. They are prone to doing dangerous things to relieve the constant sense of boredom that they feel. Each Chaos Born has a magic artifact that works best for them made out of void metal, they are very attached to these items and will go to great lengths to locate them.
While on the Plane of Chaos they are formless. They appear as a dark shadow with wings. While on the material plane they appear to be a medium sized human with four large wings on their backs. They appear exactly like what ever race they choose when leaving the Plane of Chaos. Their bodies are made out of a physical manifestation of Chaos. This makes dissolution happen around them. As such when their bodies are destroyed their essence is sent back to the plane of Chaos.
Chaos Born powers are run through bloodline. The closer they are in relation to Chaos the more powerful they are. They are the children of other Chaos Born and Chaos Elementals. In order to permanently kill a Chaos Elemental they have to kill that elemental's access to Chaos. In this case their mother. They generally don't interact as a whole with other races, and they honestly couldn't care less about any other races.
Always True Chaos. Which means that they shift between Chaotic Good, Neutral, and Evil depending on how they're feeling that day.
Anywhere interesting. If there are no wild attractions it is very rare for a Chaos Born to appear there. Chaos Born go everywhere, on every plane. Therefore they have built up a resistance to the affect of different planes because the Plane of Elemental Chaos has traits of all other planes at some point or another.
Most Chaos Born worship the very element of Chaos.
They speak a language from the plane of Chaos.
Their names are usually chosen by the species that they come out of the Plane of Chaos nearest.
- Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Wis -2, Cha +6 Chaos Born are very well rounded. They have less in Wisdom due to their chaotic nature.
- Elemental (Chaotic, Extraplanar): As Elementals Chaos Born do not need to eat, sleep, drink, or breathe. All Energy is regained after a 1 hour trip back to the elemental plane of Chaos. If this is not done at least once every 53 hours the Chaos Born starts to suffer consequences such as losing resistances, damage reduction, Regeneration, Spell Resistance, and ability bonuses at a rate of the DM's digression. That being said just like Mind Control it can be difficult to keep Chaos Born from their home plane. At the same rate as their mind control difficulties the would be keeper must make saves to keep the Chaos Born rooted to this dimension.
- Size: Variable
- Chaos Born Base land Speed is 40 feet, Fly Speed of 120 ft Perfect, in aqueous environments they can shift their wings so that they are fins, giving them a Swim speed of 120 ft.
- Due to all Chaos Born being made out of pure Chaos they all have roughly the same toughness. No matter what class always roll a d10 for hit points.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, all diseases, petrifaction, and fear effects.
- Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10.
- Damage reduction: 5/Lawful.
- Spell resistance equal to creature’s HD + 10.
- Aura of Chaos.
- Due to how chaotic and spontaneous these elementals are, they can be very difficult to control. Every 3 rounds a would be controller must roll a d100 with a 33 % chance of failure. Every 1d4 of these sets of 3 rounds the chance goes up 1d10%. I.e after 6 rounds it might go up to 39% chance of failure.
- +5 Natural Armor Bonus
- Plane Shift [Ex]: Chaos Born can shift to and from the Plane of Chaos as the spell Plane Shift
- Regeneration 10(Lawful)[Ex]
- A Chaos Born can assume any medium/small sized form, or revert to its own form, as a standard action. A Chaos Born remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled. A true seeing spell reveals its natural form.
- Favored Class: Chaotic, Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +5
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|- years||- years||- years||+ - years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|