Catalons (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Catalons are generally upper-class beings, rich and/or running successful businesses, but it's not uncommon for one to work for the people. Despite being rich and often seen as thinking that they're "better than people", although the truth is far from it. They're a cheery, hotheaded people, who know how to use money well, and are good at persuading people into giving them more money. They are very loyal to their bonds, and are good protectors.
They are humanoid cat-like people, completely covered with fur, any shade between white and black. They are about 5'5" tall, with two pointy ears, hands with thumbs (so they are able to hold objects), cat-like feet (So they need specially-made shoes), and cat-esque eyes. They also have a long tail, allowing them to balance with it.
They get along surprisingly well with Humans and Clockworks. They are not a big fan of wolf or dog races.
Often Lawful and/or Good, although a Chaotic Evil Catalon is not unheard of.
They are comfortable in most lands, excluding extremely hot lands.
Common and Catalon.
The eldest male is named after his father, the others whatever their mother deems worthy.
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, −6 Constitution: Fast, sneaky and smart, they cannot take hits.
- Humanoid (Feline): A cat that has evolved into a more efficient form.
- Medium: No size-related bonuses.
- Catalon base land speed is 60 feet: 30 feet when climbing.
- Money Knowledge: Catalons get +5 on Persuasion checks relating to money.
- Greater Hearing: +3 to listen checks.
- Greater Seeing: +3 to search checks.
- Natural Fur: Immune to non-magical cold effects. double damage from non-magical heat attacks.
- Water Distaste: Upon coming in contact with water (Excluding to drink) A Catalon must succeed a Will save of DC 10 or become Frightened for 1d4 turns.
- Cat Focus: 1/battle, a Catalon can focus upon a specific enemy and get a +5 to hit against that enemy, but during this time they cannot attack anything else until the chosen enemy has died.
- Claws (Ex): Catalons get 1 natural weapons/limb. Each paw has extendable claws, each of which deals 1d6 damage.
- Automatic Languages: Catalon, Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, Giant, Draconic.
- Favored Class: Paladin, Warrior.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||75 years||90 years||+115 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 5"||+5||120 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+5||105 lb.||× (1) lb.|