Boaboa (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The relations of the Boaboa have always been rough, they can get along with goblins and dwarves. But goblins usually betray them after some time. Elves find the Boaboa's too minor to deal with, and if a human finds them they are creeped away by their nature. A lucky few Boaboa's are under the protection of dragons.
Boaboa's are always Neutral in Alignment, but it can vary from Lawful to Chaotic.
Boaboa's live in mountainous areas or in the snow, they usually call a cave their home, but some track through these mountains with tents being afraid to stay in one place due to enemies knowing their location.
The religious practice under the Boaboa's is low, they don't believe in the normal gods like mortals do. But their shamans give offers to the gods of Ice, Fire, Nature and Death. Hoping that with the right gifts they get luck from one of the 4 on their side, like a warmer winter, or a new bloom in the tribe.
Boaboa's speak the Boaboa language, this is a language that originated from Goblin, to outsiders it sounds like children screaming gibberish with high voices. Due to the lack of social contact, the Boaboa's never learned how to write and read. Some, but rarely any Boaboa's learn Common, if a Boaboa achieves this talent, he will most likely be deemed tribe leader. Boaboa's in contact with dragons are sometimes able to learn Draconic as well.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
- Type: Monsterous Humanoid
- Small size: As small creatures, the Boaboa have a +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- Natural Armor: Boaboa's have thick warm fur skin, granting a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
- base land speed is 20 feet, and they can burrow underground with a 20 dig speed.
- Living in the deep snow, Boaboa's are naturally light on their feet, gaining +2 racial bonuses to the following skills: Climb, Escape Artist and Jump.
- Illiteracy: Boaboa's don't learn how to write or read, they can choose to learn this by expending 2 skill points.
- Automatic Languages: Boaboa.
- Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- LA: 0
- EL: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|21 years||34 years||45 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2'8"||+1d6"||75 lbs.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||2'6"||+1d6-1"||70 lbs.||× 1 lb.|