Balthazar's Bookmantle (3.5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Level:||Archivist 9, Wizard 9|
|Components:||V, S, M, X|
|Casting time:||10 minutes|
This spell creates a powerful ward for an archivist or wizard's books. After successfully casting the spell, the warded book gains the following benefits.
- A permanent arcane mark of your own design.
- A permanent shrink item effect.
- Hardness equal to twice your caster level.
- Hit points equal to four times your caster level.
- Immunity to acid, cold, electricity, and fire.
- Your choice of either the glamered, levitating, or pungent protective effects (see Complete Arcane, p. 141 for details).
In addition, you may summon the warded book into your hand by speaking aloud a special word (set by you when the spell is cast). There is no range on this effect, and the book can be summoned regardless of what plane you are currently on. It otherwise functions as the spell instant summons, except that no sapphire is required and the book can be summoned multiple times without discharging the spell.
Material Component: The book to be warded, plus 5,000gp in crushed gemstones.
XP Cost: 1,500xp.