Augumented (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
A halfling wearing a leather vest inspects her metallic forearm, squinting a single crystalline eye as she tightens a bolt using a wrench held in her other hand. She presses the open panel on her arm shut with a satisfying click, then stands up, extending the arm forward towards an empty bottle resting on a windowsill. In a single fluid motion a crossbow pops out of the arm and fires a lethal bolt. The bottle and the window behind it explode in a tinkling shower of glass, and the halfling frowns. Popping open the panel again, she begins once again to recalibrate the crossbow’s tension.
The Augumented are those who have broken down the barriers between man and machine, building magical technology into themselves and others to achieve what mere flesh can not. Inventors, visionaries, devotees, and mad scientists, augmented utilize arcane science to power their abilities, drawing from etheric reactors they install within the upgrades that make up their new form. The arcane technology utilized by an augmented can be used to shield allies from harm behind translucent barriers, scythe through enemy ranks with merciless optic lasers, and steal secrets directly from the minds of those they touch.
- Augumented Spells
Starting at 3rd level, you always have certain spells prepared after you reach particular levels in this class, as shown in the Augumented Spells table. These spells count as artificer spells for you, but they don't count against the number of artificer spells you prepare.
|1st||jump, expeditious retreat|
|2nd||alter self, enhance ability|
|3rd||haste, intellect fortress|
|4th||stoneskin, death ward|
|5th||skill empowerment, greater restoration|
- Anatomical Infusions
When you reach the 3rd level, you have enhanced your body with infusions, which grant you the following benefits:
- You gain proficiency in the Medicine skill
- Over the course of a short or long rest, you can integrate a simple or martial weapon directly into your body. The weapon can't have the two-handed or heavy property. You can use your Intelligence modifier for attacks and damage rolls made with the integrated weapon.
- Enhanced Body
Also at 3rd level, you finally have perfected your body trough an amalgamation of medical knowledge, arcane magic and technological advancements. While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Intelligence modifier.
In addition, over the course of a short or a long rest, you can choose to enhance one aspect of your body, gaining benefits depending on your choice. You can also spend a spell slot of 1st-level or higher to change the chosen enhancement as a bonus action on your turn.
- Enhanced Strength. You add your Intelligence modifier, instead of your Strength, to your Strength checks and saving throws. In addition, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can use your bonus action to push that creature 10 feet back or knock it prone.
- Enhanced Agility. You add your Intelligence modifier, instead of your Dexterity, to your Dexterity checks and saving throws. In addition, you can take the Dash or Disengage action as a bonus action on your turn.
- Enhanced Constitution. You add your Intelligence modifier, instead of your Constitution, to your Constitution checks and saving throws. In addition, you can use your bonus action to give yourself resistance to one damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.
- Extra Attack
Starting at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
- Bodily Infusions
At 9th level, you learn how to apply infusions directly to your body. You can't have two infusions that require the same type of object (for example, two infusions that require boots) at the same time.
- Perfect Self
At 15th level, you reach the full potential of your body. You gain the following benefits:
- You gain resistance to slashing, piercing and bludgeoning damage.
- When you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can end one infusion active on your body to be reduced to 1 hit point instead.
- You can have two Enhancements active at the same time.