Arthian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Arthian are usually whimsical creatures, although maybe to the point of being manipulative to get what they want. They often change direction without warning and generally do as they please and possess charming and easygoing natures. Dispite this, Arthian are quick-witted and absently observant. They're also swift at switching sides when provoked; one minute an ally, and the next minute an enemy. However, they are forgiving, despite appearances, and are more likely to follow than lead. Overall, they are graceful in movement, but since they are always seen happy, what they really think and feel remain a mystery.
An Arthian's height varies from seven to fifteen inches, with weights rangeing from one to close to six ounces.
The natural language barrier asside, many of the humanoid races barely register Arthian as sentiant due to their small size, but they are quite friendly and loyal to those who do.
Arthian are known for their impulsive natures, making most Chaotic Neutral aligned, Clan Elders being understandable exceptions as being Lawful. However, occasionally an Arthica might drift towards Evil.
A traditional Arthian city consists of something similar to minuature houses carved into the sides of cliffs. But as the generations have become more friendly with Elven society, many smaller clans take residence in rockfaces, and occasionally trees, near or in Elven cities.
While not having a specific religion, some Arthian are known to adopt Elvish deities.
While mostly consisting of purrs and mews, Arthian incorporates body language into much of it's comunicative interactions.
Arthica names are often based off of seasons: Blossom, Lief, Riven, Snowe etc. Though several parents have adopted naming their children with Elven names.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom:
- Magical Beast (Air, Electric):
- Diminutive: As a diminutive, Arthica get a +4 to Armour Class
- Arthica base land speed is 10 feet. Flying speed of 30 feet with Good Manuverability
- Flight (Ex): Tehy can cease or resume flight as a free action.
- Static (Ex): An Arthian body is flowing with intense amounts of electricity, so its unarmed attacks & natural weapons deal 1 extra point of electricity damage. Its metallic weapons also conduct this electricity.
- Darkvision (Ex): Arthian can see with no light source, Up to 50ft. Darkvision is black and white only.
- Automatic Languages: Arthian. Bonus Languages: All. Arthian are incappable of speaking any language apart from their own, however they can learn to comprehend and read other languages.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +1
There are no negatives for the aging of a Arthica. Also, no maximum age.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||10"||+1d4||4 oz.||× (2d4) oz.|
|Female||8"||+1d3||2.5 oz.||× (2d3) oz.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races