Apostle (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Rory Mercury, First Apostle, Apostle of Emroy, Demigoddess of Darkness, Rory the Reaper|
Apostles are beings that serve various gods and goddesses and have a direct connection to divinity. Apostles are a chosen race that has been enhanced with divine powers and blessings making them a demigod. The requirements of becoming a demigod are not clearly defined but becoming an Apostle (a type of demigod) is pretty simple; be chosen by a god. Depending on the divine being they serve greatly influence their personality as it is also based on their alignment. Overall their are and can be only Twelve Apostles at one given point. At the current moment, a total of 3 Apostles are known about. These Apostles are; Rory Mercury, Apostle of Emroy and demigoddess of Death, Giselle, Apostle of Hardy, Divine Dragon and Waker of the Sacred Flame, and Yareharun, Apostle of the Forest. These are the only Apostles known, however, they may be more hidden around the world.
The Apostles are considered to be extremely dangerous. Rory Mercury, the first Apostle, and Giselle, the second Apostle are said to be able to tank entire armies with little difficulty. However, for modern military standard, they are outmatched against heavy weapons like 50 cal machine gun or explosive weapons since these weapons are strong enough to blow them to pieces to effectively incapacitate them. As the result, most Apostles don't dare to provoke a fight with the modern fighters possessing machinery, or advanced spellcasters or fighters who can deal out large consecutive amounts of damage. Apostles are generally gifted with one or more specific attribute which increases their strength and physical attributes greatly, be that an advanced muscular system, or enhanced brain power.
Despite their obviously superior power over normal humans and the other average races, a lot of people still underestimate them due to their own arrogance and delusions. The prime example of this arrogance is during the first battle of Italica, Princess Pina, a friend, an ally of the Apostle of Emroy, states that Rory Mercury alone can defeat the whole army invading Italica, but the bandits that attacked the city still trying to futilely fight her anyway. Apostles signify power and are tools of the divine. Thus, Apostles rival that of the most powerful Kings, Queens, Emperors, and bureaucracies. In societies, Apostles are direct links to the divine planes and have even higher renown and ranking than Popes. The Apostle is the symbol of divinity, power, authority, and the ultimate divine magic.
Apostles generally have alignments similar to their patron deity. However, they can sway from this path depending on how fanatic an Apostle is towards their god/goddess.
The Twelve Apostles travel the land spreading their god's faith as well as their own renown as the Apostle ascends into godhood.
Apostles are beings that serve various gods and goddesses and have a direct connection to divinity. Apostles are a chosen race that has been enhanced with divine powers and blessings making them a demigod. The requirements of becoming a demigod are not clearly defined but becoming an Apostle (a type of demigod) is pretty simple; be chosen by a god. Depending on the divine being they serve greatly influence their personality as it is also based on their alignment.
Apostles can speak Common, Celestial, as well as any other language their deity can speak.
For male and female: Rory, Mercury, Giselle, Emloy, Yareharun, Marv, Darren.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Due to their overwhelming strength and slow ascension into godhood as they transition into a demigod and then into a god, Apostles gain a bonus to all of their abilities, excluding Constitution as they lose the need to have a physical form.
- Native (Outsider): The Apostles are considered celestial creatures and divine tools of the gods.
- Size: Medium
- Apostle base land speed is 40 feet.
- Devotion to God (Su): Must be a spellcasting based class.
- Greater Fast Healing (Su): An Apostle's body regenerates any wound it receives. Apostles have fast healing of 5/round.
- Immortal (Ex): Even if their body is torn apart the parts will heal if they are stuck together, in other words, they cannot die. An apostle can be imprisoned or even de-facto eliminated (at least until they ascend) by breaking them into small enough pieces and separating them over large distances, typically by burying said pieces, suggesting they could be destroyed with powerful magic and explosives if the parts were separated sufficiently. However, Apostles are considered immortal and will continue to recover. Apostles, however, cannot be resurrected by True Resurrection or be True Reincarnated. An Apostle that has been scattered across large distances can only be brought back to life through the Wish spell.
- Divine Weapon (Su): When a creature becomes an Apostle they are granted their signature divine weapon, one of the symbols of becoming One of the Twelve Apostles. This signature weapon is a huge Halberd 10 feet long. The weapon is considered a magic weapon and will grow stronger as the Apostle ages gaining more abilities and in turn strengthening the Apostle. The weapon cannot be lifted by magical means, nor can it be lifted through sheer strength.
- One of Twelve (Su): As one of the twelve Apostles, depending on your deities' alignment, the Apostle gains certain bonuses. If the deity served is Neutral Good: +7 to all Saves, (True) Neutral: +2 to all Saves, +1 to attack, +1 to damage, + to critical threat range, +1 to a proficient skills, Lawful Neutral: +1 Spellcasting DC, +1 to all Saves, +1 to attack, +3 to one skill, +1 to one ability score, Neutral Evil: +7 to attack and damage, Chaotic Good: +1 to one ability score, +1 to all saves, +1 to all proficient skills, +10% gold from any source, Lawful Good: +1 to Spellcasting DC, +1 to two ability scores, +10% experience from any source, Chaotic Evil: +2 to all proficient skills, +2 to all saves, +1 to attack and damage, Lawful Evil: +3 Spellcasting DC / +3 to critical threat range, +3 to all damage, Chaotic Neutral: +1 to to one skill, +1 to all saves, +1 to attack, +1 to HP. (Note: This ability is meant to promote more exotic alignments and reward players for roleplaying well)
- Millennium (Su): When an Apostle reaches their 1000th year living they ascend the mortal plane and become a full god, leaving behind their mortal form. They gain all abilities, and powers of a God.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Any additional languages the patron deity speaks or knows.
- Favored Class: Cleric, or Paladin.
- Level Adjustment: Depending on the age of the Apostle, an older Apostle has been a demi-god for a longer period of time and thus has more divine powers warranting a larger level adjustment.
|Age Req.||LA||Halberd Damage||Ability Increase||Ability & Summary|
|99 years||N/A||2d6||N/A||Titled (Su) - Immune to Fear and mind based effects.|
|150 years||N/A||2d6||N/A||Halberd Shockwave (Su) - 30'-ft radius blast Reflex DC-15 or 3d6 dmg and blow back 15ft prone.|
|250 years||LA +1||3d6||+1 Str & Int||Fast Movement (Su) - Swift Action to move again.|
|350 years||LA +1||3d6||+1 Str & Int||Divine Will (Su): 3/short rest - +5 to one saving throw.|
|450 years||LA +2||4d6||+2 Str & Int||Divine Embodiment (Su): 3/short rest - As a Free Action, expend a spell slot to negate spell being cast.|
|550 years||LA +3||5d6||+3 Str & Int||Halberd Shockwave (Su): DC increases to 20.|
|650 years||LA +4||6d6||+4 Str & Int||Halberd Shockwave (Su): Damage increases to 10d6.|
|750 years||LA +5||4d12||+5 Str & Int||Spell Resistance (Su): Gain Spell Resistance of 25.|
|850 years||LA +6||5d12||+6 Str & Int||Aligned Tool (Su): Halberd is granted sentience, alignment and Wis, Int & Cha = Apostle's.|
|900 years||LA +7||6d12||+6 Str & Int, +1 Wis & Cha||Combat Prowess (Su): 1/short rest - Perform a Full Round Attack Action as a Free Action.|
|950 years||LA +10||10d12||+6 to all stats||True Demigod (Su): 1/long rest - Immune to all status effects and spell effects & damage.|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100+ years||300+ years||650+ years||~1000 years|