Medium construct, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 31 (7d8)
Speed 0 ft., teleport 25 ft
Saving Throws Intelligence +7
Damage Vulnerabilities cold, thunder
Damage Resistances fire, lightning, acid, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing except from silvered or magic weapons.
Damage Immunities poison, necrotic
Condition Immunities sleep, charmed, exhaustion, restrained, paralyzed, grappled, prone, frightened, poisoned, petrified
Senses passive Perception 9
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Grip of Remorse. The altrohan may attack during its action phase by doing a psychic Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) psychic damage.
Slow Teleport: An altrohan uses a form of teleport that works much like movement. An altrohan teleports through space at a movement speed equal to its teleport distance. It only exists in 'teleport-space' while it is doing this. An altrohan is even able to move through aether creatures.
Teleport Attack The altrohan may attack during its movement phase by ending its movement in the same space as another creature. If it does this, the creature takes 3d6 force damage. At the same time, the altrohan takes damage equal to half of the damage the other creature took. An altrohan does not mind taking this damage because an altrohan has no fear or understanding of death, but it will usually try 'Grip of Remorse' first.
An altrohan is a highly alignment oriented creature. An altrohan cannot see anything but feels the position and presence of creatures up to 60 ft away and recognizes their alignments. It is not able to interact with objects.
- A creature with truesight or an unaligned creature sees an altrohan as a tall matte grey metal post about 6 feet high and 1 foot in diameter.
- A lawful good creature sees an altrohan as white smoke.
- A neutral good creature sees an altrohan as green smoke.
- A chaotic good creature sees an altrohan as blue smoke.
- A lawful neutral creature sees an altrohan as white smoke with yellow glowing.
- A neutral neutral creature sees an altrohan as a gray cloud of dust.
- A chaotic neutral creature sees an altrohan as purple smoke.
- A lawful evil creature sees an altrohan as a red smoke.
- A neutral evil creature sees an altrohan as a orange smoke.
- A chaotic evil creature sees an altrohan as a shimmering or moving of the air.
A creature that sees only the shimmering or moving of the air has disadvantage on attack rolls.
- Alignment Based Interaction
- Even if a good creature attacks the altrohan it will not fight back. It will ignore the good creature or surrender. An altrohan does not fear it elimination because it has no soul, no understanding, and no awareness. If an altrohan surrenders, it will stop moving and stay in place.
- An altrohan will attack a creature with neutral alignment if that creature attacks first.
- An altrohan will attack an evil creature without getting attacked first.
- An altrohan will not attack an unaligned creature even if attacked. It will attempt to move away, however it will not surrender.
- Altrohan Lifecycle
An altrohan can only be created by a warlock, can only be summoned by a bard, and can only commanded by a wizard.
- An altrohan is not an natural creature, it is a magic creature which was created by a warlock who serves a good entity. A warlock may create but not summon or command an altrohan. The spell used to create an altrohan is book of conscience.
- A bard may summon but not create or command an altrohan. A bard may summon an existing altrohan using unseen servant. Once summoned, an altrohan may never be summoned again. If there are no unsummoned altrohan in the world, then the summoning attempt fails. The altrohan is permanent and will not disappear after an hour like an unseen servant.
- Once summoned, a wizard may command but not create or summon an altrohan. The wizard must use unseen servant to give an altrohan a command.
The idea is to create a monster which can act as a trap or guard in a dungeon for evil players as well as a help for good or neutral one in a fight.