Aelfinn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Aelfinn are cunning and charismatic. They love betting and gambling, but be wary. An aelfinn rarely makes a bet unless he's absolutely sure he can't lose. That's not to say that they'd ever go back on their word, or break a deal. The contract is the highest law of the land, and only disgraceful aelfinn would dare back out on one. However, it's never cheating if you don't get caught.
Aelfinn would only lend money if they've already made it back in profit, or you are good for what you say.
Aelfinn stand about 3 feet tall and usually weigh between 30 and 35 pounds. They have green or brown eyes. Aelfinn men often have long sideburns and mustaches, but beards are rare among them. Aelfinn prefer extravagant, comfortable, but practical clothes. They will always want to look good, but not at the cost of luxury. However, they must also be aware that displaying too much wealth may cause them to become targets of theft.
Aelfinn love other races. Either for potential customers, or new suckers in a bet. It's a lot easier than trying to trick other aelfinn.
Other more successful families of Aelfinn form mafia type business practices that are known through many type of communities and races. These families usually have large airships named after themselves that house some of the most devious types of business deals.
Aelfinn are almost always lawful, but not always good. A contract to kill is just as binding as a contract for partnership. There are many unspoken laws in betting and gambling, and only the most clever aelfinn can make it to the top of the food chain.
Aelfinn actually spend most of their lives traveling in large caravans. Passing through major cities is more profitable if they don't stick around too long.
Aelfinn can worship any god that allows them to make a profit.
Aelfinn Male Names: Finnigan,
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Strength: Aelfinn are quick, but their stature doesn't allow them to be very strong.
- [Optional] +2 Charisma, −2 Strength: Aelfinn are silver tongued and excel in various Charisma based endeavors, but still lack a strong physical frame
- Humanoid (Halfling): Aelfinn are the descendants of both halflings and elves.
- Small: As a Small creature, an aelfinn gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Aelfinn base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Aelfinn can see twice as far as a human can in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish detail under these conditions.
- Sleepless: Aelfinn only need 4 hours of rest instead of 8. During these 4 hours, they don't sleep, but instead go into a meditative trance, during which they are completely aware of their surroundings. Once a week however, it is still good to get a good sleep in. They are not immune to sleep spells and effects.
- Silver Tongue(Ex): An aelfinn gets a +2 bonus to all Charisma based skills.
- Hard Knock Life(Ex): At first level, the aelfinn gets the jack of all trades feat regardless if he meets the prerequisite.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the aelfinn’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass aelfinn’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|62 years||93 years||128 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|