Undead Destroyers (Variant) (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Undead Destroyers (Variant)
The Second Circle is an order of paladins dedicated to eradicating the undead and those who practice necromancy. They bear the symbol of the Destroyers Cross, a powerful artifact that channels divine light and acts as both a weapon and a shield against the forces of darkness.
- Tenets of the Second Circle
The paladins who swear the Oath of the Second Circle dedicate themselves to the eradication of undead and those who seek to exploit the power of necromancy. They uphold the following tenets:
- Defy the Necrotic. Stand against the forces of undeath and the twisted practitioners of necromancy.
- Protect the Living. Shield the innocent and safeguard them from the influence of undead.
- Cleanse the Taint. Purge the world of the unholy undead, ensuring their souls find rest.
- Uphold the Light. Embrace the radiant power of the divine to combat darkness and corruption.
- Oath Spells
You gain access to the following spells at the levels indicated:
|3rd||detect evil and good, protection from evil and good|
|5th||lesser restoration, warding bond|
|9th||revivify, beacon of hope|
|13th||death ward, guardian of faith|
|17th||banishing smite, holy weapon|
- Channel Divinity
- Destroyer's Cross. As a bonus action, you can transform your holy symbol into the Destroyer Cross, a three-foot-tall crucifix forged from iron, created to destroy the undead. The cross has the statistics of a Maul, and can be used as a holy symbol. Once per turn you cause additional 1d6 radiant damage with the cross, or 2d6 against undead. The cross lasts for 1 hour or until you are incapacitated. Finally, you can use your Charisma modifier for attacks and damage rolls with the cross, instead of Strength.
- Undying Radiance. As an action, you can use your Channel Divinity to unleash a radiant burst of energy that strikes fear into the hearts of undead creatures. Each undead creature of your choice within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is frightened for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. Undead creatures have disadvantage on the saving throw.
Additionally, while the creature is frightened, it takes radiant damage equal to your Charisma modifier at the start of each of its turns. It can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
- Aura of Purification
At 7th level, you emit an aura of radiant energy that purges the surrounding area of undead influences. You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have advantage on Death Saving Throws, saving throws against effects created by undead creatures, spells from the necromancy school, and undead creatures within the same radius have disadvantage on their saving throws against your spells and Channel Divinity options.
The aura radius grow to 30-foot radius a 18th level.
- Radiant Resurgence
At 15th level, you gain the ability to harness the radiant energy within yourself to restore your own vitality and cleanse ailments. When you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can expend points from your Lay on Hands pool to restore hit points to yourself, without using an Action.
Furthermore, you gain resistance to necrotic damage and are immune to effects that would turn you into an undead creature
- Undying Champion
At 20th level, you become an unstoppable force against undead creatures and those who command them. You gain the following benefits:
- Your weapon attacks against undead creatures are considered critical hits on a roll of 19 or 20.
- Whenever you deal radiant damage to an undead creature, it takes additional radiant damage equal to your Charisma modifier.
- You are immune to disease and poison damage.
- You become immune to necrotic damage.
- You add your Charisma modifier as a bonus on saving throws against spells and magical effects cast by undead creatures and spells from the necromancy school.
You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest. This feature can be used once per long rest.
Furthermore, your Destroyers Cross scores a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 against undead creatures and necromancers.