The Black Plague (5e Disease)
From D&D Wiki
The Black Plague
This disease is meant to be used with the dire diseases variant rule.
If you don't want to use those rules you can consider what I call a "greater diseases" to be the name of the sickness and the "lesser diseases" to be the side effects.
Contracting The Black Plague
It is carried by many rats and pugs as well as on the wind. Simply by breathing air in a place infected with Black Plague, you must make a DC 11 constitution saving throw each day that you are exposed to the air. If you share a drink with someone infected with it, you must make a DC 13 constitution saving throw. If you are bitten by someone infected with it, you must make a DC 16 constitution saving throw.
Greater Sickness: Black Plague. The lesser Sicknesses can be removed by normal means and even medicine with a medical cheek of 5+days target has been infected.. but the grater sickness can be cured by either Greater Restoration or special cures(dm choice) Each day the infected has one of the lesser effects added. They are added in the order they are listed and if one is removed it must be replaced before the next in that order can be added.
- Fever and chills The host will take a level of exhaustion if they spend more than an hour in a hot or cold location without a way to cool/or heat themself up. (this does not stack)
- Extreme weakness -5 to str.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, and vomiting. Unable to hold food in your body you start to starve. And if hit in the belly you make a will/or con save DC14 if you fail you throw up making you prone for the turn.
- Bleeding from your mouth, nose or rectum, or under your skin. Each hour you have these effects you take 1d4 damage.
- In moments of stress(up to gm likely during battle) You risk going in to shock. If something stressful happens role will save dc 15 or go in to shock (for 1 turn your stunned and then you take 1 level of exhaustion, which can stack.
- (when you get to 6 the next day if you can you get 6n again as it stacks with itself over and over) At random a body part gains a black spot and you lose 1 max con that body part gains a weakness to all damage. And if you get another spot on the same body part then it falls off.) Unless its a large body part like chest or head then just a chunk of it falls away making a hole 1 inch wide.
The Black Plague can be cured with lesser restoration.