Talk:Ring Wraith (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- It's been nearly a month now and Jcavanaugh hasn't checked in after this single edit. I would say edit as you wish.
- I do like the idea of a class based on making and using rings, but I suggest a name change to avoid connotations with actual wraiths (despite the nice alliteration.) Marasmusine (talk) 01:14, 2 August 2015 (MDT)
- That picture, is ridiculously huge.
- Aside from the ability score rings, they are all way overpowered, need details about their saves/or how to use them, or are unnecessarily complicated.
- Immovable: Should be changed to your reaction.
- Action Surge: Please change this to a title that does not share its name with the Fighter's Action Surge.
- Saves: Please set all saves to be the same number (like a spell save DC).
- Wail: Please specify the action required to use this ability and how many times you can use it, also, is there a save or not.
- Wraith Stun: Is there a range to this ability?
- Ring's Call: Do they use their reaction to move? Do they use their full movement on their turn? Do they have to dash to you?
- Shadow Specter/Dark Lord: You may want to change this to something similar to the Simulacrum spell.
- This class feels very much like a pure combat class with no out of combat abilities to assist them in other avenues of the game.
- I would suggest reworking this class into an archetype for the Fighter.
- I assume this was just an oversight, but you do not need to place Ability Score Improvements into the class table, it does this automatically, as of right now the class receives an extra improvement when it reaches these levels.
- Each Archetype lacks flavor.
- Please add a title for each Archetype ability.
- They all seem very unrefined as far as the abilities go.
Ch ch ch ch Changes
I've tweaked the proficiencies, and changed all the rings. I think that the rings should only effect the player, otherwise it feels too much like a regular spellcaster, so I removed the Charm, Vampire and Destruction rings. Marasmusine (talk) 15:34, 2 August 2015 (MDT)
Next I've looked at the fighting styles. They literally made no sense. I rewrote them to have ring-based themes and tried to make them different to a fighter's styles. Marasmusine (talk) 09:47, 11 August 2015 (MDT)
Quite why I spent 3 hours this morning editing this I don't know, but I've tried to come up with class features that actually work that are in the spirit of the original. There's something about the ring theme I like. I will be re-adding wraith-like features on my next pass: probably some damage resistances and a life-drain type thing? Marasmusine (talk) 06:12, 18 March 2016 (MDT)