Talk:Moon Scythe (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
hello i really like this class and the moon warrior class as well. i would really like to know about more about the moon goddes tho —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Austin tracey (talk • contribs) 14:32, 12 May 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- I added some links so this question should not come up again... Hope I did not add too many links, and feel free to remove them if you don't like them :). --Green Dragon 11:08, 13 May 2007 (MDT)
- Greatly appreciated ^^. Thanks! --Seraphim Rush 15:53, 25 May 2007 (MDT)
This class is way overpowered. A new ability every level, AND a high base attack bonus? The saves seem okay, but still pretty high. Needs a lot of work. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 17:45, 12 June 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- Thank you, that is why it is a V 1.0 ^^ Your feedback is appreciated and I will work on the balance ^^' --Seraphim Rush 01:06, 30 June 2007 (MDT)
Rating - 4/10
I give this Base Class a 4/10 rating.
I love the flavor. Moon, scythe, darkness... stylish.
Meh... Rather boring. So the moon goddess just hands out the power and asks nothing in return? Does she have unlimited power so she can waste her devout followers as farmers? Boring. They don't even have to protect the temples! Isn't that what an armed guard of a church is for? And what's that story about letting blood on the altar. Is the moon goddess evil???
- Game Balance
While the power level is okay, there are some issues.
- Evasion: Okay, so they get Evasion. So it is a light armored fighter class? What do they need medium armor proficiency for, then?
- Attribute bonus: No way. No normal base class should give bonuses to attributes. Characters can raise an attribute every 4 levels, that's enough.
- Dex and Str to attack: NO. Forget it. Weapon Finesse as a free feat is okay, treat scythe as a finessable weapon is okay, both Str and Dex to attack, just NO. This just screams to be abused with some high-LA race with high Dex and Str bonuses.
- Spells: I'd rather like to see a selected spell list. It might improve the flavor.
- Life from the Sun: The flavor is wrong. No moon deity would confess her power is really from the Sun. It makes her look like she's the pet dog of the Sun deity! Also, classes should have either good or bad saves, period, no flat save bonuses (yes, the Swashbuckler is badly written). Same applies to Moonlit Grace.
- Blood not Spilt in Vain: 1/day, and there should be a save
- Moon Goddess' Favor, Moon Goddess' Chosen: Bad game design. Classes have a base attack bonus, there should be no flat attack bonuses to everything. If you want to give a damage bonus, make it more precise. Since the class already has Weapon Specialization, more damage bonus is not really necessary.
The main problem about the class is, that you give too many flat bonuses that are in no way tied to the "holy moon warrior" theme. For example, if you want to give an attack bonus, the bonus should be tied to a) a weapon b) a foe c) a place d) a condition.
If you delete the stuff that I criticized, the class would be too weak, so what could you add?
- +1 sacred bonus to all saves when under moonlight - attack bonus against lycantrophes - dodge bonus (with just light armor, defense is rather weak) - improved critical with the scythe
There are some typos. For example, the word is "compet_e_nce".
As it is, I cannot give the class more than 4/10. --Mkill 22:52, 13 June 2007 (MDT)
- Thanks for the feedback! That is what I was waiting for to balance it out better ^^. I will do what I can to balance it out when I find time. Your input is greatly appreciated. --Seraphim Rush 18:28, 24 June 2007 (MDT)
It seems that it's been edited since the last time it was evaluated... I think it's improved and I grant it a 7/10 if that's alright with everyone--Gruegirl 12:08, 28 December 2007 (MST)
- It has been changed. --Green Dragon 23:38, 28 December 2007 (MST)
Formatting - 3/5: I give this a 3 out of 5 on formatting because it uses an old style table (see the preload for the modern table), does not have any links to the SRD (most notably seen in the spell list section), and does not have any links to the class features from the table. --Green Dragon 00:57, 24 February 2008 (MST) Thank you for that. Do you have any suggestions at all? --Seraphim Rush 19:19, 23 April 2008 (MDT)
Power - <<<5>>>/5 I give this class a 2 out of 5 because it is way to weak it might work as a prestige class though --220.127.116.11 05:36, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
Wording - <<<I4>>>/5 I give this class a <<<Insert Your Rating Here>>> out of 5 because <<<insert why you gave the rating and how to improve it>>> --18.104.22.168 05:36, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
Flavor - <<4>>>/5 I give this class a <<<Insert Your Rating Here>>> out of 5 because <<<insert why you gave the rating and how to improve it>>> --22.214.171.124 05:36, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
It needs Wikification
You're missing a lot of stuff that came with the preload. I decided to put up the Needs Wikification notice so that the important info gets added in. I'm only trying to help this become a great class, but I'm new and I didn't know what else to do. Hopefully, an experienced wikier will help spruce up the class.Missingno 17:02, 23 December 2010 (MST)
Cutting through darkness
this abilities seems a little flat to me for getting it a such a high level. and the name is a bit misleading I personally think if its such high level and its supposed to represent the moon goddess opposing darkness then it should be an ability to dispel magical darkness, perhaps doing some damage to however cast it in the first place.
- I think that the flavor of that ability is off. I feel it should be more about learning to take advantage of the darkness than fighting it. Enialis 20:24, 29 May 2011 (MDT)