Suikoden is a JRPG that started on the PS1 and continued on through several iterations into the PS2, as well as several spin-off games. Each game is set in the same world and usually centers around some political war between factions, in which you take the lead of one of the sides or a rebel faction. This leads into two features of the games, the HQ and the recruit-able characters that you can find through-out the world. Each character recruited opens parts of the HQ (be it a castle, ship or what-ever) and most end up being members of your party or army.
This setting will detail alternative rules to allow a 5e game to be run in a setting based upon this wonderful set of video games. As such, we will be detailing rules that give everyone access to spell slots (Rune Slots), spells (Runes and their spells), Armies, HQs and upgrades as well as how to deal with weapons in a similar fashion as the games.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in, intended as a supplement for existing player's handbook information.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Runes & Magic
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of how the various races figure into the world of Suiko and what place they have assumed in geography and society.
World of Suiko
- The World & Locales
- The world of Suiko and the nations, cultures, and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Suiko, divided into general eras.
- The True Runes
- 108 Stars of Destiny
- A quick look at the factions and organizations that can be found in the world of Suiko.
- Suiko's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Suiko and how they've adapted to the world
- Various peoples and individuals that populate the world
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Suiko and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance
- Settting Specific Rules
- Campaign Setting rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Suiko.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to Suiko
- A page for submitting ideas, advice, and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings → Suikoden