Sai Swords (4e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Superior Melee Weapons
|Sai Swords||+3||1d4 - 1d8||-||60 GP||2 Lb.||Maces||Defensive, off-hand|
A pair of crushing weapons that change their stats based on the grip.
- Attacks with these weapons count as minor actions
- As a free action the wielder can change their grip on one sword, this can be done twice per turn
- The wielder holds the sword in the center of the weapon.
- The damage for this grip is 1d4, and when both swords are in this grip, the bonus for the defensive property is doubled.
- The wielder holds the weapon like a normal sword.
- The damage for this grip is 1d6
- The wielder holds the "blade" and hits with the guard.
- The damage for this grip is 1d8, and the weapon gains the brutal 2 property, but attacks with this grip are considered standard actions and when both swords are held in this grip, the weapons lose the defensive property.
For more information: karateblogger.com/stari/articles/Matayoshi sai.htm