Revised Telekinetic (Pathfinder Class)
From D&D Wiki
PLEASE NOTE THIS CLASS IS AN INCOMPLETE REWORK OF THE ORIGINAL. Powers are still in progress
A few are born with the ability to bend the world to their will through non-magical means. Others come into it later in life, often after a traumatic event. While not as reality shaping as mages, a Telekinetic still has an intense advantage in the battlefield. A telekinetic's main power, however is lifting, controlling, and attacking with any nearby objects and even creatures.
Making a Telekinetic
A telekinetic is a very rare breed of support character which may wear light armor while still maintaining spell-like abilities without penalty. This is unique because all spellcasters have to make checks own armor when casting spells if wearing armor. The BaB for this character are sourced directly from the Pathfinder Cleric class for reference purposes. A telekinetic may be of any race, sex and any starting age, and usually fills a damage and supportive role.
Races: Any. Alignment: Any. Starting Gold: 1d6 x 10 gp In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less. Starting Age: Any Hit Dice: d8
|Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Powers|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Telekinesis 1 Target, Powers, Telekenetic Strike 1d6||1|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Telekinesis 2 Targets||2|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Telekenetic Strike 2d6||3|
|4th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Telekinesis 3 Targets||4|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Telekenetic Strike 3d6||4|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Telekinesis 4 Targets||5|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Telekenetic Strike 4d6||5|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Telekinesis 5 Targets||6|
|9th||+6/+1||+3||+6||+6||Telekenetic Strike 5d6||6|
|10th||+7/+2||+3||+7||+7||Telekinesis 6 Targets||7|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+7||+7||Telekenetic Strike 6d6||7|
|12th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Telekinesis 7 Targets||8|
|13th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Telekenetic Strike 7d6||8|
|14th||+10/+5||+4||+9||+9||Telekenetic Strike 8 Targets||9|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Telekenetic Strike 8d6||9|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Telekinesis 9 Targets||10|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Telekenetic Strike 9d6||10|
|18th||+13/+8/+3||+6||+11||+11||Telekinesis 10 Targets||11|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||Telekenetic Strike 10d6||11|
|20th||+15/+10/+5||+6||+12||+12||Telekinesis Unlimited targets Telekinetic Mastery||12|
All of the following are class features of the Telekinetic.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Telekinetics are proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient light armor. Light armor imposes no failure chance when using class abilities however medium, heavy armor and shields impose checks as normal.
Telekinesis (Sl):: At will as a spell-like ability with a somatic component a telekinetic can psychically lift up an object or creature that weighs up to 50 lb/level within 10 ft. + 10 ft. per level. They may throw it or move it 20 feet/3 levels and an additional 20ft at level 20 with a max of 140ft. If it is a creature or held objects are allowed Fort saves (Dc 10+Int mod+1/2 lvl) to negate the effect. A telekinetic may pick up any one nearby object weighing 1/10th or less of their maximum weight as a swift action. It deals damage based on item density as shown in the description. Object must be within the range of 30ft. Then, the telekinetic must focus as a standard attack action to successfully throw an object efficiently. This attack is made BaB + int mod. Starting at level 2 if the telekinetic is controlling more than 50% max objects (Rounded up) during their combat turn then using the Telekinesis counts as a full round action, at 20th level telekinesis is always a standard action. If not in combat, the telekinetic can move affected objects as a free action at most any time up to the limit of Telekinetic Targets available without concernup to max weight. Weapons deal standard damage (with no Strength or other bonuses; note that arrows or bolts deal damage as daggers of their size when used in this manner). Other objects cause damage ranging from 1 point per 25 pounds (for less dense objects) to 1d6 points of damage per 50 pounds (for hard, dense objects)(GM Has final say on damage dealt by objects). Objects and creatures that miss their target land in a square adjacent to the target. Regardless of the number of objects the Telekinetic can control, the total weight of all affected objects must be less than the weight limit per current listed above. At 7th level you can use telekinesis to perform a bullrush, disarm, grapple (including pin), or trip. Resolve these attempts as normal, except that they don’t provoke attacks of opportunity, you use your caster level in place of your Combat Maneuver Bonus, and you add your Intelligence modifier in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier. No save is allowed against these attempts, but spell resistance applies normally. This use of the ability has the weight limit as normal.
Telekenetic Strike (Sl):: Once per round using their psychic powers a telekinetic may focus their power into a blast of force as a standard action. Make a ranged touch attack at BaB + Int modifier to hit and deals.force damage equal to shown chart. This damage counts as magical and bludgeoning for the purposes of damage resistance and immunities.
Powers (Sl): A telekinetic gains spell-like abilities shown on the table. The DC for these is equal to 10+Int Mod+1/2Lvl. One power may be able to be switched on per level up. If a power has a prerequisite the prerequisite must be kept as long as the upgraded version of the skill or power is kept.
- Tactical Telekinetic: All attacks using telekinesis weather Telekinetic Strike or thrown objects add your int modifier to the damage rolls. This power may only be taken once.
- Ghost Hands: As a passive ability, the telekinetic now has a touch range and phantasmal reach of 15 feet. Anything within 15 feet is subject to physical melee attacks from the telekinetic. Each time you take this ability you may increase the range by 5
- Stunning Force Blast: Once per day as a Full round action summon a force blast that instantly disorients all opponents in a 30ft radius around the telekinetic. All affected creatures must make a fortitude save DC 10 + int mod + 1/level of Telekinetic or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. Each time you take this ability you may use it an additional time per day.
- Shield: As a move action a telekinetic may give themselves a Deflection AC bonus equal to their Int mod for one round. This power may only be taken once.
- Force Wall: As a full round action construct an invisible wall of force that affects a number of 5 foot increments equal to how many times you take this power. Each face of the wall is resistant to an elemental of your choice at the time of creation, has hardness equal to your Int mod, and each section of the wall has HP equal to your Int mod + twice your level. This counts as cover. The telekinetic may maintain the wall as a standard action. They may also repair it as a full round action. Each time you take this ability you may extend the wall by 5 feet. You create the wall anywhere within your TK range and may move or reconfigure it as a move action. Only one instance of this power may be used at a time.
- Orbs of Guiding Light: At will a Telekinetic may summon 1d4 glowing spheres of light that lasts 1d4 turns and have a movement of 10ft +5ft per telekinetic level and act as the spell dancing lights the humanoid option may not be chosen. This power may only be taken once.
- Move ally: As a standard action you may move a willing creature within your weight limit up to 50 feet. This does provoke an attack of opportunity for the affected creature. Otherwise you may use a full round action for them to not provoke an attack of opportunity. This power may only be taken once.
- Shaped Strike: As a passive a telekinetic may deal Piercing, Slashing or Bludgeoning damage with its Telekinetic Strike. This power may only be taken once. Must be level 2 to choose this power.
- Arrow Block: as a move action you may prepare to stop one projectile that weighs less than telekinesis's limit +1 per 2 levels in mid air as an immediate action as long as there is a telekinesis slot available. Projectiles must pass within 10 feet per level of the telekinetic to a max of 100 feet. This power may only be taken once. Must be level 2 to take this power.
- Orbs of Mysterious Force: Once a day per Int modifier, the Telekinetic may summon 3 Orbs of Mysterious Force as a Standard action. The Orbs have a movement speed of 20ft + 10ft per level. All 3 Orbs may be used to deal 2d6 fire or force damage each to different, individual targets as one Standard action, or the telekinetic may spend a full action to focus the Orbs into one giant orb. This will combine the three Orbs into one massive attack dealing 6d6 fire or force damage or half fire half force. Must be level 3 to choose this power. This power may only be taken once.
- Advanced Orbs of Mysterious Force: Once a day per int modifier, the power now summons 4 2d6 Orbs that may be targeted at 4 individual targets each at the cost of one standard action that deal force fire or electric damage , or as a full action combine the orbs into an massive crippling attack of 8d6 force fire electric or half force one quarter fire one quarter electric. Like the original, the Orbs disappear from the battlefield after just one use. This power may only be taken once. This replaces Orbs of Mysterious Force as a power. Must have Orbs of Mysterious Force as a previous power.
- Levitate: The telekinetic may use Levitate at will, provided there is an empty telekinesis target slot available. Unlike flight, there is no weight penalty applied to the Telekinesis skill to use Levitate. This power may be activated as a move action and requires concentration to maintain. You may only take this power once. Must be level 3 to take this power.
- Swift Feet: As a standard action Increases a number of target allys movement speed within TK range by 15 feet up to the number of TK targets available per level. They may make a 15 foot step instead of 5 foot step to disengage. Increases target ally reflex saves by 1 per 2 levels. Each target counts against the number of TK targets available. This ability requires concentration to maintain. Must be level 3 to select this power.
- Telekinetic Multitasking: During combat, the telekinetic may now use an extra Standard action or Move action in combat. This extra action is unique and does not allow the Telekinetic an extra attack per round, rather it gives them the option to move freely, seek cover, block, or use certain skills (such as Shield, Force Wall or Arrow Block) and interact with the environment, all while still maintaining the maximum number of controlled targets and attacks allowed by your level using the Telekinesis skill. This power may only be taken once. Must be level 4 to choose this power.
- Kinetic Telekinesis: The telekinetic may hold an object in his bare hand as a standard action speed up the particles in the object on a molecular level, making the object hum. The affected object deals an additional 1d6 Sonic damage dealt with that object. This bonus damage does not stack with any other bonus damage. If bonus damage applies, use the greater of the two. The object must be charged after each strike you wish to apply the bonus damage. This power may only be taken once. Must be level 4 to use this power.
- Telekinetic Artillery: All damage dice dealt with the telekinesis skill are increased a size category. I.E. d6 - d8, d8 - d10, d10 - d12. This does not work on dice rolls bigger than d10. This only affects objects thrown using the Telekinesis skill. This does not stack with any other power, skill, or ability that grants this feature or any similar feature. This power does stack with Advanced kintetic telekinesis. This power may only be taken once. Must be level 6 to take this power.
- Flight: As an improved form of levitate, the telekinetic uses a special form of fly at will. This flight is activated with a move action that counts yourself as one of your free targets using the Telekinesis skill. The first point taken in Flight is half the character's base movement speed with novice maneuverability in any direction. This power may be taken 4 times, and each time the power is increased another half movement speed, and increasing in flight mastery level, for a maximum of 2x flight speed and expert level maneuverability at the fourth skill point. Character must be level 6 and have Levitate to select this power.
- Charging Strike: Once per day per int mod the telekinetic may use a special Telekinetic Charge, as long as the character is actively using flight, or has an open telekinesis target and allotted weight for themselves.. Charging strike allows for a double move of the character's current Flight speed before a melee attack. This power may be executed as a swift action. Must have Flight to take this power.
- Telekinetic Flurry: The user may Split his Telekinetic Strike dice into standard ranged attacks Using their standard attack bonuses (ie at 8th level you have +6/+1 and may split your Telekinetic Strike attack into 2@2d6 or 3d6 and 1d6. This power may only be taken once. Required level 8.
- Arrow Reverse: Any projectiles stopped by arrow block may be directed at a target with a range of 100 feet as an attack of opportunity if one is available. This power may only be taken once. Required level 8 and Arrow block.
- Advanced Kinetick Telekinesis: All objects affected by the Kinetic Telekinesis skill now deal an additional 2d6 Sonic, Fire or Electric damage each and every time they are used for one day Decided when charged. You still must charge the items once per day to maintian this effect. This bonus damage does not stack with any other bonus damage. If bonus damage applies, use the greater of the two. This skill may only be taken once. Does not stack with Kinetic Telekinesis. Must have Kinetic Telekinesis as a previous ability to use this power. Must be level 8 to use this power
- Telekinetic Efficiency: As a passive, the telekinetic gains an additional target and with the Telekinesis skill. At level 20 this becomes an increase of weight limit by 100 Lbs This power may only be taken once. Must be level 8 to choose this power.
- Advanced Telekinetic Multitasking: You may now use an extra Standard action and a move action on your turn during combat. These are one conventional Standard action and one conventional move action, meaning the standard action may be used for some abilities. These actions can not be used for attacks. This power may only be taken once. Does not stack with Telekinetic Multitasking. Must be level 10 have Telekinetic Multitasking as a previous ability to choose this power.
Telekinetic Mastery (Sl): At level 20 the Telekinetic no longer has a limit on the number of objects under their control with the telekinesis skill. Total weight of all affected items must not exceed the weight limits listed of your character level.
A Telekinetic in the Pathfinder World
I’m going to start by quoting the Editor of this class “Let me start by saying that I have the utmost respect for the original creators of this Homebrew class. There is no way I could've come up with all of this on my own.” I found this character class concept when I started work on a Pathfinder character. I loved the original concept, and didn't see any real problems with the class at first. Then I really looked into the class as a whole and saw that there were a large number of imbalanced factors for this class. This list includes number of attacks, number of class skills available and overall unkillability as well as some powers that went from the realm of telekinesis to the realm of telepathy. In total I gave this class a hopeful rebalance into the realm of playable while taking out all of the original flavor text of its previous iterations so as not to step on the toes of its original creators --- Back to Main Page → Pathfinder Homebrew → Classes → Base Classes