Oozing Spirit (Pathfinder Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
The natural energies of Ooze-like creatures can be tapped in all sorts of ways, including spellcasters - Ooze spirits are those who have found the arcane mechanics utilised by the blasted jellies. They are the friends of said creatures, learners and experts alike - Having found a degree of communion with them, ooze spirits make use of their connection to adapt themselves and their spells in a beneficial manner. Some ooze spirits go so far as to change their lives and bodies to appear more like their beloved Oozes, though not all of them indulge in such obsessions.
Oozing spirits are almost always arcane spellcasters, though they may have levels in fighter-like classes. Ooze spirits are often travelling as single wanderers, or living in loose settlements as communities - Sometimes they may be in tighter knit groups in effort to worship similar deities or go adventuring.
To qualify to become an oozing spirit, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
|Skills:||Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 5 ranks.|
|Spellcasting:||Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells.|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+1||+1||Oozy Spells||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|2nd||+1||+1||+1||+1||Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|3rd||+1||+1||+2||+2||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|4th||+2||+1||+2||+2||Oozy Spells, Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|5th||+2||+2||+3||+3||Jelly Friend||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|6th||+3||+2||+3||+3||Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|7th||+3||+2||+4||+4||Oozy Spells||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|8th||+4||+3||+4||+4||Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|9th||+4||+3||+5||+5||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|10th||+5||+3||+5||+5||Oozy Spells, Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|11th||+5||+4||+6||+6||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|12th||+6||+4||+6||+6||Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|13th||+6||+4||+7||+7||Oozy Spells||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|14th||+7||+5||+7||+7||Slimey Attunement||+1 level of existing arcane class|
|15th||+7||+5||+8||+8||Oozy Spells, Engulfing Embrace||+1 level of existing arcane class|
All of the following are class features of the oozing spirit.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Oozing spirits gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.
Spells per Day: When a new oozing spirit level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. She does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if she is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming an oozing spirit, she must decide to which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.
Spells: Whenever learning a new spell from gaining a new level, instead of choosing from the relevant class spell list, Oozing spirits may choose to learn a spell from the following list:
0—<-spells, spells, spells->
1st—<-spells, spells, spells->
2nd—<-spells, spells, spells->
3rd—<-spells, spells, spells->
4th—<-spells, spells, spells->
5th—<-spells, spells, spells->
6th—<-spells, spells, spells->
7th—<-spells, spells, spells->
8th—<-spells, spells, spells->
9th—<-spells, spells, spells->
Oozy Spells: At 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th and 15th level, the oozing spirit gains this class feature. They realise more about the arcane energies connected to the Ooze, and how to incorporate it into their spells. Every time an oozing spirit gains this class feature, they may pick one of the following features. Some features may picked more than once, their effects do not stack unless otherwise stated. These features are not affected by metamagic, or any other spell-changing effects.
- Jellspell: Your spells wobble and change, they are hard to predict and harder to defend against. Any arcane spell you cast is harder for somebody else to identify, the DC to identify your arcane spells increases by 3. The DC for Dispel Magic (or other similar spells) used against your spells is increased by 2. You may take this feature multiple times, the DC increases do stack.
- Mould Magic: The oozing spirit can alter area or effect spells to maneuver their spells around targets, excepting allies from negative effects, or vice versa. This feature can affect spells that use one of the following shapes: burst, cone, cylinder, emanation, or spread. The alteration consists of creating a 5ft. cube within the spell’s area or effect that is instead not subject to the spell or its effects. Furthermore, any normally shapeable spells have a minimum dimension of 5 feet instead of 10 feet.
- Stretchy Spells: When casting ranged spells from the oozing spirit spell list, you can increase their range by 15ft.
- Squishy Spells: When casting spells from the oozing spirit spell list with an area of effect, you can increase their area of effect by 50%.
- Corrosive Splash: Your infuse your spells with acid, they can damage creatures near your targets. You may add a splash effect to any arcane spell you cast that targets one entity, (if it requires an attack roll, you must hit the target for Corrosive Splash to take effect). This deals 1d2 acid damage to all creatures within 5 ft. of the affected target. You can choose whether to apply Corrosive Splash at the time of casting. You can take this feature multiple times, every time, the splash damage increases by another 1d2 (to 2d2, 3d2, etc.).
- Sticky Memory: Just like the Ooze, you've learned fuse your magic with your very being. Pick one spell from the oozing spirit spell list of a level you are capable of casting, you may now cast this once per day as a spell-like ability. You must still expend any XP or costly material components, as if casting the spell normally. You may take this feature multiple times, if you pick the same spell, increase the times per day of the Spell-Like ability by 2.
Slimey Attunement (Ex): At 2nd level, and every two levels thereafter, you integrate some of the mechanisms that make oozes so feared. Every time an oozing spirit gains this class feature, they may pick one of the following features. Some features may be picked more than once, their effects do not stack unless otherwise stated.
- Vibrational Senses: The oozing spirit becomes very attuned to vibrations in terrain and air surrounding them. The oozing spirit gains blindsight 5ft. If the oozing spirit already has blindsight, its range increases by 5ft.
- Translucent Mind: The oozing spirit has altered their brain chemistry, though not affecting their thoughts directly by this process, leave it more resistant to mind-affecting spells. The oozing spirit has a +2 to saving throws against all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Acidic Touch: The oozing spirit has learned to channel Ooze-like flesh as their own, secreting small doses of harmful substances through their touch. When using any unarmed attacks or natural attacks, they may secrete acid, as a swift action, to deal an extra 1d3 acid damage.
- Molding Flesh: The oozing spirit can alter their form minorly, as oozes do. Their facial features, or other physical attributes can be altered slightly at the oozing spirit's will. They gain a +5 to disguise checks, and a +2 bonus to saving throws against transmutation spells.
- Springy Limbs: The oozing spirit gains the ability to increase the length of their appendages for short moments. This allows them to reach further and jump more effectively. As a move action, the oozing spirit may increase their reach by 5ft. for one round. The oozing spirit also gains a +5 to jump checks.
- Fortifying Gel: The oozing spirit gains bonuses as if wearing fortified armor. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the oozing spirit, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally. You may take this feature multiple times. Every time you do, increase the chance by 25%, up to a maximum of 75%.
- Shape Resistant: The oozing spirit, where a save is normally allowed, gains a +2 bonus to saving throws against any poison, sleep, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning effects against the oozing spirit.
Jelly Friend: Choose one of the following features, you will gain this as long as you are an oozing spirit. Once you have chosen a feature, you may not alter your choice at any time:
- Sealed Companion: Choose a class you have levels in which you have gained a Familiar or Animal Companion, add your oozing spirit class level to the class levels to determine the HD and other features it has. Once you have chosen a class, you may not alter your choice at any time.
- Jelly Friend: You may gain a Jelly Friend, this functions exactly as described like a wizard's familiar, except in regard to oozing spirit levels. The only familiar you may choose is the Tiny Ooze, which grants a +3 to Knowledge (Dungeoneering) checks. You may have this Jelly Friend in addition to any other familiars granted by other means.
Engulfing Embrace (Ex): At 15th level, the oozing spirit can use Engulfing Embrace. Fusing with the very essence that makes an ooze, the oozing spirit learns to morph their flesh to become ooze-like, extending grabbing tendrils, expanding and overwhelming other creatures, this direct connection also allows them to channel their spells directly into the engulfed creature. Any time, as a full-round action, an oozing spirit may expend a 7th level (or higher) spell slot (or equivalent) to target a creature of their size or smaller within reach.
The targeted creature must make a reflex save (DC 20 + oozing spirit's caster level), if the DC is beaten, the Engulfing Embrace fails, though the spell slot is still used up. If the save is failed, the oozing spirit moves on to the same tile as the targeted creature and the creature is paralyzed. The engulfed creature cannot be attacked, touched, nor the target of any action that requires line of effect to function. The oozing spirit is entirely ooze-like, though they maintain a vague form of their normal selves; they may take any actions as normal, though can only move at half-speed, carrying the engulfed creature with them.
Every turn as a free action, the oozing spirit may secrete acid to digest the engulfed creature, dealing 2d12 acid damage, and healing the oozing spirit for the same amount. The oozing spirit may also 'channel' their spells into the engulfed creature, allowing them to cast a spell on the creature as normal, but can spontaneously apply any one metamagic feat (with a bonus spell level up to +3), even if the oozing spirit does not have the feat, to the spell without increasing the spell slot or spellcasting time.
On their turn, the engulfed creature may take a purely mental action (as in paralysis), or choose to attempt to escape the embrace by making a reflex save (DC 30 + oozing spirit caster level) or Escape Artist check (DC 35 + oozing spirit caster level) to end the embrace.