Fade Touched (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Sorcerer Origin: Fade Touched
Your abilities appear to be inherent from some encounter with a being of power. Perhaps when born you were touched, or your mother was touched by a being of power that passed into you. Whether you consider this a curse or blessing depends upon you. However this being's presence also changed your way of interaction with magic. Making it flow differently through you then others of magical power.
At 1st level, you choose what being's power is passed into you.
- Forest's Touch
Some being of power that embodies the forest decided to give power to you.
- You can speak simple sylvan, or elvish.
- You altered connection to magic is making need to have a primary staff to project this power. This staff is an arcane focus and, if you lose it, you can summon it again as a bonus action. You can use this staff as an arcane bow, creating magic arrows made of green energy, with the same properties as the eldritch blast cantrip.
- You gain resistance to poison damage and advantage on saving throws against to avoid being poisoned.
- Spirit's Touch
A ghostly entity passed into you when born, and marked you with spiritual powers.
- Your connection to magic requires a phylactery to channel it, granted to you by the entity that touched you, that you can use as a arcane focus. The phylactery is a sealed metal box containing a soul of a creature. You learn the find familiar spell, and you can cast it as a ritual to summon the spirit. The ritual requires a corpse of an creature dead within 1 hour. The spirit has the same statistics of a shadow, though its size is tiny or small and it shares your alignment. The spirit resides within the phylactery, requiring an action to enter or to leave it. If the spirit move further than 30 feet from the phylactery, the spirit is released. Once you summon a spirit, you can't do it again until you complete a long rest.
- You can commune with the dead. As a bonus action, you can call the spirit on your phylactery for aid, granting you advantage on a ability check you made. After you use this feature, the spirit is released from your phylactery. Once you do this, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.
- You gain resistance to necrotic damage.
- Dark Touch
Some evil presence was near when you were born, perhaps a demon or devil? or something far more sinister. Whatever it was you were provided with dark powers.
- You can speak, read and write in abyssal or infernal.
- Your connection to magic is not entirely disrupted but amplified by fear and suffering. When you lose concentration on a spell, you can use your reaction to recover the spell slot expended. After using this feature, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.
- You gain resistance to fire damage.
- Faded Connections
At 6th level, your connection to the being of power becomes felt within you. You gain an amplification of your channeling of magic, depending on the being of power you chose.
- Forest's Strength. You can spend 1 sorcery point casting a 1st level damaging spell to draw the power of nature to overcharge it. The spell is considered cast with one spell slot higher. You can't use this feature in spells already cast with higher spell slots. Alternatively, you may spend 1 sorcery point to re-roll a failed spell attack.
- Spirits Guidance. You can will the soul within your phylactery to assist your spells. You can, as a bonus action, release the spirit from your phylactery while casting a spell, rolling an spell attack with advantage, or imposing disadvantage to your spell saving throw of a creature within 30 feet.
- Dark forces.You exude an aura of fear. Each creature within 10 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw, against your spell DC, or will be frightened of you until the end of his next turn. When you deal damage with a spell against a creature frightened by you, you can add your Charisma modifier to the damage.
- Powers embraced
At 14th level, you are more attuned to your connection to power, and this grants you additional boons, depending on the beings of power you have chosen.
- Nature's will. You can interact with beings of nature easily, learning the spells speak with animals, animal friendship, and animal messenger. You can now overcharge your spells spending 2 sorcery points, casting a damaging spell of 2nd level or lower as if where from two levels higher. Alternatively, you can roll an additional advantage die (for a total of 3 dies rolled) on an spell attack. Your form becomes more fey-like.
- Soul's Command You can now contain more powerful souls in your phylactery. You can summon a specter with your find familiar. When you cast a damaging spell, you can release the spirit to increase the damage dealt in half of the number rolled (rounded down). Your form becomes less corporeal and you can spend 1 sorcery point become resistant to bludgeoning, slashing or piercing damage from nonmagical sources for 1 minute. Once you use this feature, you can't do it again until you complete a long rest before it can be used again.
- Evil mightYou draw further upon feelings of fear and suffering, using your inner hate to command a creature to bow down to your presence. As a bonus action, you can chose one creature frightened by your aura, and force it to make a wis saving throw. On a failure, the creature will obey you as in the spell command (if it is feared and fails to resist will check). You either have a fog of shadows about you or now exhibit demonic features.
- Reconnecting To your past
At 18th level, you can now feel the strength of the being that passed its power to you. You feel urged to travel to find it. Upon completion of this you gain:
- The Forest Eternal.The forest being melds their mind to yours. You can now connect to the forest in ways unknown before. Immersing your mind within the forest allows you to see what the trees see. You learn the spells conjure animal, and dominate animal. You can overcharge a spell of 3rd level or lower, spending 3 sorcery points, to cast the spell as if it were cast from three spell slots higher. In addition, you can connect to the forest to allow it to mend your body, as an action, healing 2d8 hit points. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you complete a long rest. Become fully fey in appearance.
- Spirits Heed Thee. Your connection to the dead and spirits is greatly increased from your encounter with the spirit who blessed you with power. You can cast the spell soul cage using your phylactery as the material component. While the soul is captured within the phylactery, you gain an additional way to exploit the soul, in addition to those described in the spell: you can deal additional damage with a spell equal to half of the damage roll (rounded down).
- Darkness Overwhelming. Upon confronting the dark power that touched you and destroying it you can choose either to be cured from its curse, or absorb its dark power. For curing the curse, you lose aura of fear, demonic features, and the bonus damage from fear, but gain aura of light and learn the mass healing word spell. Also gain supplement from the sun, being cured from minor wounds and illness when in presence of sunlight. While under sunlight for 8 hours, you receive the effects of the heal spell. If you absorb the dark energy, you gain a random demonic feature, like wings, tail, horns, or claws. Your aura of fear range increases to 30 feet. You can now harm any frightened by you, dealing an additional 1d6 + your sorcerer level psychich damage on spell attacks against the frightened target. In addition, you can pull energy from the dark spirit within you to further increase your damage bonus against a creature frightened by you dealing double of the spell damage against that creature. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you complete a long rest.