Elemental Avatar (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Creating a Elemental avatar
- 2 Class Features
Creating a Elemental avatar
As a Elemental avatar you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Tools: Two of your choice
Saving Throws: Intelligence Wisdom
Skills: Choose 3 from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, Acrobatic, Athletics, and Sleight of Hand.
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) A bow with 20 arrows or (b) 2 Simple weapons
- (a) An explorer's pack or (b) Scholar's pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 3d4x10 gp in funds.
|Features||Cantrips Known||Elemental Points||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|1st||+2||Spell Casting, Elemental Points Elemental Defense Ageless Elemental caster||5||5||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||6||20||4||3||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|5th||+3||Elemental caster improvement||6||25||4||3||2||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|6th||+3||Elemental Flight Elemental immunity||6||30||4||3||3||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement, Elemental caster||6||40||4||3||3||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|10th||+4||Elemental Absorption Elemental Command||7||50||4||3||3||3||2||—||—||—||—|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement, Elemental body Elemental immunity improvement||7||60||4||3||3||3||2||1||—||—||—|
|14th||+5||Elemental caster improvement||7||70||4||3||3||3||2||1||1||—||—|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||7||80||4||3||3||3||2||1||1||1||—|
|18th||+6||Elemental immunity improvement||7||90||4||3||3||3||3||1||1||1||1|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||7||95||4||3||3||3||3||2||1||1||1|
|20th||+6||Elemental Recovery Elemental caster improvement||8||100||4||3||3||3||3||2||2||1||1|
At 1st level, you know 5 cantrips of your choice from the Sorcerer spell list. You learn additional cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the cantrips known column of the Elemental avatar table.
- Elemental Points
At 1st level you have 5 Elemental points these increase each level as shown in the Elemental points column as shown in the Elemental avatar table Elemental Points can be used to cast these abilities and all elemental points are restored on a long rest.
- Elemental Beam, As an action you may spend at least 1 Elemental Point to fire a beam 10ft long and 5ft large that deals 1d6 of a chosen elemental damage type of your choice (example : fire). Every creature caught in the beam must make a dexterity save, with a DC equal to your spell save DC; on a failed save the creature take full damage or half as much on a successful save, The damage and the range increases by 1d6 and 10ft for every additional elemental point you spend up to a maximum of points equal to half your level.
- Elemental Shield, As a bonus action you may spend at least 1 Elemental Point and pick a nonphysical damage to shield you when a melee attack hits you reduce the damage by 1d6 and deal the damage you rolled back at the attacker, The number of dice increases by 1d6 for every extra Elemental point you spend up to a maximum of points equal to half your level.
- Elemental Bomb, As an action you may spend at least 1 Elemental Point to create an explosion that does 1d6 point of nonphysical damage of your choice in a 5ft sphere on a location you can see, all creatures within the blast must make a constitution save with a DC equal to your spell save DC; on a failed save the creature takes full damage or half as much on a successful save, The damage and size increases by 1d6 and 5ft for every additional elemental point spent up to a maximum of points equal to half your level.
- Elemental Transformation, At 6th level as an action you may spend 5 elemental points to become an elemental of your choice who's CR is equal to half of your level, you gain it's features but retain your intelligence wisdom and charisma along with all your elemental point features.
- Chaos Form , At level 12 as an action you may spend 25 Elemental Points to transform into a being of pure elemental chaos. When activating this ability your size becomes one above your current one and you gain the following benefits for 1 hour, You gain 8d6 temporary hitpoints, The damage of all your elemental abilities double, Your strength and constitution scores increase by 2, Your speed doubles, And all enemies within 10ft of you take 2d12 elemental damage of your choice at the start of your turn. You lose these effects when the ability ends.
- Spellcasting Focus
You pull power directly from the Elemental Chaos you do not require a spellcasting focus.
- Spellcasting Ability
Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your Elemental avatar spells, You use your intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a Elemental avatar spell you cast and when making an atack roll with one.
Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your intelligence modifier
Spell Attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your intelligence modifier
At 1st level you do not suffer the effects of old age.
As a Elemental avatar, you are a master of offensive magic, At 1st level whenever you cast a spell that deals any nonphysical damage type, you can add +1 at the end of your damage roll. This bonus increases by +1 at levels 5, 8, 14 and 20.
At 1nd level your armor class becomes 12 + dexterity + intelligence
At 2nd level you reinforce your melee attacks with nonphysical damage when making a melee attack add a d6 nonphysical damage of your choice to the damage of the attack. the number of dice is equal to half your level rounded up.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of you choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 6th level you gain a flight speed of 30ft
At 6th level you may pick a nonphysical damage type and gain immunity to it.
At 10th level, when you take damage from an attack that deals nonphysical damage regain elemental points that have a combined level that is equal to your Elemental avatar level.
At 10th level you may attempt to control an elemental within 30ft as an action when fighting an elemental you may force it to make a wisdom save (8 + intelligence + Proficiency bonus) on a failed save you may control the elemental for up to 24 hours on a successful save the elemental becomes immune to this ability for 24 hours.
At 12th level you gain resistance to bludgeoning piercing and slashing from nonmagical attacks.
at 20th level when you die your body and any equipment you had disappears for 1d4 days then you return to a location of your choice on the material plane