Billore (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Billore a are race of goatlike fey. They Billore are an offshoot of Satyrs and Goatfolk who during the Second Age found themselves as allies for a time. While in close proximity the two races had many couplings which spawned the first Billore.
The Billore tend to be very friendly, they are drawn to music, the smells of food and wine, and out-door festivals. They are quick to join in merriment despite their goat-like features and will startle unsuspecting human settlements during harvest festivals. The Billore if accepted will often goad others into playing games of chance which they will often try to cheat at or in drinking games which they find a slight edge in.
The Billore regard both their parent species as allies and likewise the two parent races feel ultimately responsible for the actions of the Billore. The Billore tend to act like children around their parent species, when they meet a Goatfolk they try to impress them or prove themselves worth and when they encounter a Satyr they want to play and please the fey.
The male Billore stands slightly taller than a human, at about 6 1/2 feet tall to 7 feet tall, the female is taller at 7 to 8 feet. The males weigh up to 300 pounds with the females being more slender at 250 average, but still built stocky. With the lower body of their Satyr parents and the upper body of the Goatfolk, the Billore often gives off the were-goat impression, until you observe the friendly nature of one.
Billore tend to get along well with Satyr, Goatfolk and most other Fey, they get along well with rural humans who find them to be good luck, however the more civilized the area the less likely a Billore will go there on its own.
Billore have a special relationship with Goatfolk, they see each other as equals and opposites. Goatfolk are endlessly amused by the Billore's capacity for mirth and the Billore see the Goatfolk as good sports. Goatfolk communities often openly accept Billore travelers and the two races tend to settle near each other.
Billore are almost inescapably chaotic with a small minority leaning towards neutrality and in extremely rare cases they are lawful. While most are good, evil and neutral Billore are not unheard of.
Billore love rural farmlands with lots of fruit and vegetable farms. They also live in low-land woods and occasionally bogs (where they grow cranberries). Goatfolk live in mountainous areas and Billore colonies are sometimes found at higher elevations, but this is usually due to low elevation threats or lack or food.
Billore worship all forms of nature, forest, harvest, or fertility gods. They sometimes worship gods of trickery, curiosity, thievery and subterfuge.
Billore start with Common and either Sylvan or Goatese.
Male Names: Baari, Morro, Eebo, Haaro
Female Names: Marri, Eebe, Henni, Rrai
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: The Billore are naturally faster and more agile than their goat and satyr families, they also take their satyr ancestors increased Constitution and Charisma.
- Fey: Both the Goatfolk and Satyrs are Fey
- Medium Size
- Billore base land speed is 30 feet.
- 4d6 Racial HD
- BAB +2, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
- Skills 6+Intelligence, Class Skills: Bluff, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, Use Rope
- Darkvision (Ex): 30 Feet in Black and White.
- Low-light vision (Ex)
- Damage Reduction (Ex): 5/cold iron
- Harvest Glee (Su): The Billore can create a sense of calm and minor feelings of joy so long as there is music playing and within earshot (as determined by DM). The ability duplicates a Bard's Fascinate ability however Will save DC is 10+1/2 Billore HD+Cha Modifier. A Billore can use this ability 1/day and it persists as long as the Billore likes, assuming the music doesn't stop, if it does the effect lasts for 1 round after it ends.
- Sleepy Shag (Su): When a Billore dances (DC:5 perform Dance check, anything less isn't dancing as it is shuffling with rhythm) a magic dust flies off from deep within his coat, this dust effects anything that breathes within 15 feet of the Billore that fails its Fortitude save is put to sleep for 1d4+1 rounds, the DC is 10+1/2 Billore HD+Cha Modifier. This effect persists for 1 round after the Billore uses it, a Billore may use this ability 1/day. Only dance will create this effect, violent shaking wont trigger this ability, only the rhythmic shaking of the Billores body (specifically the hips) can release the dust.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Goatese or Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Elven.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +3 LA
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|88 years||145 years||188 years||+211 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight|
|Male||6' 5"||+1-4"||300 lb.|
|Female||6' 10"||+2-14"||250 lb.|
|Male Billore Rogue 2|
|Chaotic Good Medium fey (Billore)|
|Init/Senses||+7/low-light vision; Listen +2, Spot +0|
|AC||14, touch 13, flat-footed 11|
(+3 Dex, +1 armor)
|hp||27 (6 HD)|
|Fort/Ref/Will||+2/+10/+4; +2 against enchantments|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Melee||Dagger +4 (1d4+2 from Str)|
|Ranged||mwk sling +5 (1d4)|
|Atk Options||Harvest Glee 1/day (DC 15) or Sleepy Shag 1/day (DC 15), Sneak Attack +4 (1d4+2+1d6 sneak attack)|
|Abilities||Str 14, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 14 (Stats rolled using 7d4 drop method)|
|Feats||Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative|
|Skills||Bluff +6, Escape Artist +6, Hide +9, Listen +2, Move Silently +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Use Magic Device +5|
|Possessions||20 sling bullets, basic outfit, bracers of armor +1, masterwork sling|